Windows 7 Unexpected Shut Down :/

mayomeow

hello,

My laptop was on hibernate mode for last 2hrs, when I came back, I found it Turned off :confused:
When I Turned it on again I got this msg:

Unexpected Shut Down
Problem Name: BlueScreen
Files to help solve problem:
-> WINDOWS\Minidump
-> other was Users/Me/AppData/Local.. something

and some other details with it, I was so confused I didnt know what to do, without taking a screenshot I hit send report to microsoft button
:rolleyes:

can I anyone help me please? My laptop is just a month old :(

my system config>

1052tlf.jpg

Thank you in advance :)

*Edit*

Thanks for replying, I have attached minidump file (there was only one in the folder) also the screenshot of the probelm, it was archived in action center.

Yes, it only happened once, and No I havent installed anything lately.
Yes
it is cool (its placed on a table and also has a notebook cooler) and has sufficient room to breathe.

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 362
  • minidumpwin7.zip
    79.4 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:
One thing you could do is to attach the minidump file using the paperclip on the Advanced replies. Some folks here might be able to help. There is a Sticky about how to supply information in the BSOD forum.

Are there any messages in the Event Viewer that might be related.

Have you installed anything lately?

Has it only happened once?

Additionally laptops need to breathe in order to cool themselves and they seem to often find themselves on soft chairs, beds, mattresses, pillows, blankets, etc., They have limited ventilation pathways and if these are obstructed the laptop may error (Blue Screen) as a result of temperature issues and shut down to protect itself (hopefully). So make sure it's cool and has sufficient room to breathe.
Additionally if this is a persistent problem and the laptop is only a month old you may want to take it back for service under the provisions of the warranty agreement.
Regards
Randy

Thanks for replying, I have attached minidump file (there was only one in the folder) also the screenshot of the probelm, it was archived in action center.

Yes, it only happened once, and No I havent installed anything lately.
Yes it is cool (its placed on a table and also has a notebook cooler) and has sufficient room to breathe.

Hi mayomeow and Welcome to The Forum.

STOP 0x0000009F: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
Usual causes:
Device driver.

Your latest dump file lists ACPI.sys as the probable cause. This is a Windows System file and for it to be the cause of your crash is highly unlikely.
Old and incompatible drivers can and do cause issues with Windows 7, often giving false error codes. Random stop codes can often indicate hardware issues.

As a Priority:

McAfee is known to be a cause of BSOD's on many Windows 7 systems. I suggest that you uninstall McAfee using the McAfee Removal Tool. Download Link Removed due to 404 Error as its replacement. Make sure your Windows firewall is enabled! Once your BSOD issues are resolved, feel free to try the latest version of McAfee.

Drivers with Updates:

nvlddmkm.sys Fri Feb 18 17:53:00 2011 nVidia Graphics Drivers.

• Download and install DriverSweeper.
  • Uninstall your current Graphics setup through Programs and Features
  • Boot to (preferably) Safe Mode and run Driver Sweeper to clean up the remnants of your current Graphics set up.
  • Reboot to Normal Mode.
  • Install your new Graphics set up.

RTKVHD64.sys Fri Feb 18 09:55:19 2011 Realtek HD Audio R2.67

Rt64win7.sys Fri Jun 10 07:33:15 2011 Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller v7.050 If you're unsure about manually installing drivers then choose the Win7 and WinServer 2008 R2 Auto Installation Program (SID:1477671) option to download.

Let us know how it goes. If you get further problems with blue screens, attach your new dump files and details and we'll move on from there.

HTH.

hello Elmer, Thank you soo much for the help, much appreciated :)

I unistalled McAfee using McAfee Removal Tool. Installed Kaspersky PURE for the time being.
Windows Firewall is also enabled.

I'll update the drivers later today. Will post here when I am done with it.

Thanks everyone, thanks alot!
:)

Installed Kaspersky PURE for the time being.

Long-term, I strongly, most enthusiastically, recommend Microsoft Security Essentials & Windows Firewall, over anything else.

Run Windows Update & check out Optionals (for drivers & software updates).

> cmd, Run as Admin & run these 2 (1 @ a time, of course)
sfc /scannow
chkdsk /r/f

Regards,
Drew

Back
Top Bottom