Windows 10 Unexpected_Store_Exception, Critical_Process_Died, and Memory_Management

Shinigami

Hi guys, ever since I upgraded to Win 10 from Win 7 Ultimate, I've been getting these BSOD's more and more frequently and it's always one of those 3. I have tried restoring the pc, switching out RAM, sfc scan, and a few other things, but I nothing works and now it seems that my OS is corrupt. I cannot click the windows icon, I cannot uninstall applications, etc. I'm hoping there's a solution that's not "buy/build another computer" or "buy a new os"

Attachments

• 040516-24343-01.dmp
    269.4 KB · Views: 404
  • 040316-18734-01.dmp
    242.9 KB · Views: 406
  • 040316-35859-01.dmp
    247.8 KB · Views: 460
Hi Shinigani! Thanks for starting your own thread. @kemical will help you with your dump files. Until He reads your dump files, please be patient!
He will get with you when he has the time.
Windows has many ways to recover.

If you're having problems with Windows 10 on your PC, you could use push-button reset to refresh or reset Windows.

Refresh your PC Fixes software problems by reinstalling the OS while preserving the user data, user accounts, and important settings. All other preinstalled customizations are restored to their factory state. In Windows 10, this feature no longer preserves user-acquired Windows apps.

Reset your PC prepares the PC for recycling or for transfer of ownership by reinstalling the OS, removing all user accounts and contents (e.g. data, Classic Windows applications, and Universal Windows apps), and restoring preinstalled customizations to their factory state.

The options above are great for what they are intended for, but you could also do a repair install of Windows 10 by performing an in-place upgrade without losing anything other than all installed Windows Updates.

This tutorial will show you how to do a repair install of Windows 10 by performing an in-place upgrade without losing anything.

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums
You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to do a repair install of Windows 10.

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 154, {ffffe0016f6b9000, ffffd00027375c60, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!SMKM_STORE<SM_TRAITS>::SmStUnhandledExceptionFilter+22 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi Shinigami,
of the three dump files posted two were bugcheck EF (critical process died) and the above means the Store caught an unexpected exception.. Unfortunately the dumps were rather vague as to what the initial cause could be although os corruption is likely candidate. I'm also not quite convinced your system is windows 10 ready..
my OS is corrupt. I cannot click the windows icon, I cannot uninstall applications, etc. I'm hoping there's a solution that's not "buy/build another computer" or "buy a new os"
If you simply cannot do anything then it's a little difficult to advise you on what to do next, normally I would advice running a set of scans:
File scans
Right click on the Start menu icon and from the revealed list choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

I would then suggest running the driver verifier. This is a windows app which will stress drivers on start up to see if any will crash. The only thing is if your going to use this app with Windows 10 you also need to create a recovery disk/USB. The reason you might need this is because sometimes the verifier can cause a bsod start up loop. If this happens you then use the recovery disk/USB to boot from, enter safe mode and turn the verifier off. The driver responsible should hopefully be caught in the dump file.
Recovery disk/USB:
Creating a recovery drive - Windows Help -

Guide on using Driver verifier:
How do I fix a Blue Screen in Windows using Driver Verifier?

Now the trouble is your system is unresponsive so you might not be able to do the things i suggested. In this case would suggest either trying system restore and go back to a time when things worked or try a RESET.
How to Reset Your Windows 10 PC

If that still fails to work then I'd consider going back to Windows 7 or you could try a clean install of Windows 10? You'll need to download the iso and burn it to either disk or USB:
Windows 10
Don't worry about activation as it will activate automatically.

Post any new dump files.

Thanks for the responses. The driver verifier would bsod immediately after POST and showed WRkrn as the problem. So maybe I'll have to uninstall my AV? The verifier didn't create a new dump file so I'm going to try and force a bsod and send that file.

Thanks for the update. So do you have this app running:
Webroot SecureAnywhere

If so remove it and just use the onboard Defender for now. I'll await your next reply..

Unfortunately the webroot isn't allowing me to uninstall it. When I try, I get a message that it has already been uninstalled which it hasn't. Other than that, I did get a crash as I was playing a game. It didn't seem to make a new dump file, but I'll post what I have anyway. I also have a file saved separately in my C:/windows called MEMORY.DMP. I'll upload that as well If I can compress it down enough

Attachments

• W7F_01-05-2016.zip
    2 MB · Views: 299
Last edited:
Hi,
most of the dump files were like the one posted above apart from a bugcheck 1A and bugcheck EF.
Unfortunately the webroot isn't allowing me to uninstall it.
Try the solution offered on this page:
Solved: uninstallation issue - Webroot Community

I didn't see any recent dump files with the last one, posted above, created on the 5/4/16 most of them are dated last year with a few this year.
Try these file scans:
File scans
Right click on the Start menu icon and from the revealed list choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

Back