Windows 10 Unexplained files appear on usb and keep coming back after deleting

bradnicent

Hi all ,can someone please help me ,I have a 32 gig sandisk usb ,I always only used It on my 2 computers until 1 day I got software from a friends laptop. Right after that I’m getting random files with different names with the desired files but they all appear to have the same file icon and they all 180kb in size except for the copied files,so every time I delete all (clean) the usb and try copying files from my 1 pc and try and open it on my other pc and vice verse it does the same thing ... I tried scanning for viruses with no luck ,so the file does copy but it turns to something I can’t open along with other random files.

Help will be highly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a free application that creates dummy files with random names all all drives to help stop ransom ware.

If you have it installed and you remove it then yes it would solve the issue.

Ok I installed it and it looks like it’s working.. however I’m nw only able to copy individual files and (not folders) from pc’s to usb and vice verse and the random files are still showing up in the usb .on my 1 Pc I’m running Windows 10 and on the other Windows XP ..... I installed cybereason on the windows 10 pc and noticed that it won’t install on xp due to it don’t support xp ... is there a cybereason version that supports xp? ... perhaps the problem will go away if I install it on xp?

I would go back to square one and uninstall the "software from a friend"

The software I got from a friend was never installed of this problem.... it seems like my usb got some sort of a virus from he’s laptop

Why not only format the usb drive? This could help only if the virus didn't pass already to both your computers.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I think my windows 10 pc is ok .... it’s when I insert the usb into the xp pc then those icons appear again and when I take it back to the windows 10 pc it continues to show those icons

Back