Windows 7 Uninstall driver permenately.

Landers

Honorable Member
I have installed a Logitech webcam. It installed a driver called 'Logitech Mic (Notebooks Deluxe)'. The driver causes my computer to hard power off (crashes it immediately) when I start a cam program (u-Broadcast). I know how to disable and un-install the driver through Device Manager/Sound..., but every time I plug something into a USB port or reboot, the driver automatically re-installs itself. How can I prevent this? Thanks.

Hi

There is a history of problems with this driver and Windows 7 64 bit.
It seems to have something to do with how the microphone is configured.

Check this out... I copied this from the Logitech support forum.

Please perform the following steps in order to install the camera microphone in
Universal Audio Architecture

(UAA) Class Mode:
  1. Open the Device Manager.
  2. Open the Sound, video and game controllers section.
  3. Highlight the Logitech Mic (camera name).
  4. From the Device Manager menu, select Action -> Update driver...
  5. Choose Install from a list or specific location (Advanced) -> Click Next.
  6. Choose Don't search, I will choose the driver to install. -> Click Next.
  7. Select [Generic USB Audio] -> USB Audio Device -> Click Next.
    (The device installs)
  8. Click Finish.
The Device Manager should now look similar to this:

USB_audio_device.png

Please report back in with your progress and updated status when you can.

Thanks.

You instructions seemed to work. I am assuming that it switched the Logitech driver to the Windows generic driver. I am running Windows 7 32 bit, so the problem must be with both. I had been able to get the cam to work by switching the cam-mic to the Logitech mic after uninstalling the LT mic. Then it kept working (computer didn't bomb again upon booting and starting the cam) even though the mic had re-installed. When the cam was pointing to the 'Conexant High Definition SmartAudio 221' that came with my W7, it would crash the OS upon cam start. Thanks for your help. This seems to be a great site - 1st time in. From your picture, you probably need to get back to the sail boat. No sailing available here in West Texas.

Back