Windows 10 Uninstall has detected that XXX USB Display is currently running.

DavidPala89

Hello,

I have a Asus F550L laptop, and two extra monitors.
The first monitor is connected to my laptop via HDMI cable (and it works fine).
For the second monitor, I have bought a TIJA USB to HDMI adapter.

When connecting this adapter to the laptop for the first time, I haven't completed the installation of the driver.
But now, whenever I connect the adapter to the laptop, and try to install the driver, it asks me "Are you sure you want to completely remove XXX USB Display and all of its components?", and when I say yes, the message "Uninstall has detected that XXX USB Display is currently running" shows up.

I have tried to follow the instructions in this thread: Setup has detected that xxx USB Display is currently running..
That is, I went to Device Manager '-> Show Hidden devices, and uninstalled all hidden devices. But I still get the same message.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Hi,
I solved it on my laptop.
It was really annoying.

In Device Manager, after deleting xxx usb driver, go into display adapters. You will see 3 MS Idd adapters , additional to your intel/nvidia adapters; uninstal all the ms idd ones. Then uninstall xxx USB display.

Thanks Mohitkshah,

I spent some time on this, saw the MS IDD adapters but didn't risk removing them. Was able to uninstall afterwards as you said.

There are about 10 others with the same issue on this forum, I guess we all used Amazon. So the vendor has created at least £150 revenue on this one unworkable product in the last month. It's probable that only a small number of users found this forum so s/he could have turned over much more cash. The stores my vendor traded under were
LIDEDE
DELILI
WARRKY
MOSOY
CHEERACE
I'm going to notify Amazon and claim a refund. If a few others do the same Amazon may do something. I have a friend whose business was nearly destroyed by someone faking his brand and it took about a year to get something done.

Cheers,

Kumar

Hello,

When connecting this adapter to the laptop for the first time, I haven't completed the installation of the driver.
But now, whenever I connect the adapter to the laptop, and try to install the driver, it asks me "Are you sure you want to completely remove XXX USB Display and all of its components?", and when I say yes, the message "Uninstall has detected that XXX USB Display is currently running" shows up.

I have tried to follow the instructions in this thread: Setup has detected that xxx USB Display is currently running..
That is, I went to Device Manager '-> Show Hidden devices, and uninstalled all hidden devices. But I still get the same message.

Hi David, to uninstall you need to start the laptop then right-click the app icon and select uninstall. If you inadvertently left click then you need to delete the Windows usb display task using Task Manager. - Or maybe this task runs on start up anyway in which case you have to delete the 3 MS Idd adapters then delete the usb display task - then you can uninstall.
Cheers

Kumar

Simply connect the device that you are installing into a USB port on your computer. Right click the start button and go into Device Manager and locate the device. Double click and uninstall device. Open Control Panel and select Programs and Features. Check that the device has been uninstalled. If it hasn’t uninstall from there.

Hi,
I solved it on my laptop.
It was really annoying.

In Device Manager, after deleting xxx usb driver, go into display adapters. You will see 3 MS Idd adapters , additional to your intel/nvidia adapters; uninstal all the ms idd ones. Then uninstall xxx USB display.
i deleted the 3 MS idd adapters with their drivers at same time. so they no longer appear. however, where is the xxx usb driver?? not able to find.

Hello,

not sure how i did- really. but got the XXX USB display DELETED totally. first tried directly from Command Prompt. There is a Windows help screen for how to use deletions via command prompt. However, after following all the steps i was NOT able to see the program listed, which i wanted to delete. Dead End.
Then went back to windows 10 updates. found a couple intel drivers that i think said they were for windows XP? I didn't want to initially bother with this, but got stuck in the update loops. After a reboot, went back to the normal uninstall App facility under Settings. ran the uninstall for XXX .... and was asked repeatedly, do i want to uninstall drivers. kept says YES. then it went to do I want to uninstall the Program XXX, said YES again. This worked, believe it or not. sorry can't be more specific.

i had the same thing, bought adapter from amazon and couldn't uninstall driver. go into start-up on task manager and disable USB-Display. Restart your device and you should be able to uninstall then.

i had the same thing, bought adapter from amazon and couldn't uninstall driver. go into start-up on task manager and disable USB-Display. Restart your device and you should be able to uninstall then.
yes, i finally did get uninstalled thru a series of esoteric steps, which i now don't remember.

Re problems uninstalling XXX USB DISPLAY I had the same problem with a USB to HDMI adapter from Amazon.
I found a seemingly easy way to uninstall from Windows 10. In the "apps" section (shown by clicking on the small upwards arrow on the right of your taskbar,) click on the "display" app (small picture of a display) right-click and click exit - the image of the display disappears which I assume this stops the app running to allow you to uninstall. Then go back to control panel programs and features and continue clicking through to uninstall xxx usb display & then restart your computer to remove. It worked for me!

Back
Top Bottom