Falcky

Ok.. Here we go.. (sorry for my english)

I installed win7 last week and everything is working real fine except one thing and that is the delay on ventrilo. I guess this have been discussed a lot of times or have it? Its kind of anyoing.. The sound will however appear if i press the "setup" button :S thats really wierd :D. Sometimes it works real fine but after a while my friends voice will disapeer.. and appear again in like 1min or 5mins.. :S

So any solution on this problem yet? I have tried:

Run as an admin
XP Mode
The priority i couldnt change dunno why it just said "Acces Denied"

None of this worked for me..

Any ideas?

-------------
Regards
Falcky

Solution
It sounds like you are experiencing issues with sound delay in Ventrilo on a Windows 7 system. Here are some steps you can try to troubleshoot and potentially resolve this problem: 1. Compatibility Mode: - Right-click on the Ventrilo shortcut or executable. - Go to Properties > Compatibility tab. - Check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and select an older version of Windows like Windows XP. - Apply the changes and test if this resolves the issue. 2. Audio Settings: - Check the audio settings in Ventrilo to ensure the correct input and output devices are selected. - Make sure the sound drivers are up-to-date on your system. 3. Driver Issues: - Update your sound drivers. Outdated or incompatible...
It sounds like you are experiencing issues with sound delay in Ventrilo on a Windows 7 system. Here are some steps you can try to troubleshoot and potentially resolve this problem: 1. Compatibility Mode: - Right-click on the Ventrilo shortcut or executable. - Go to Properties > Compatibility tab. - Check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and select an older version of Windows like Windows XP. - Apply the changes and test if this resolves the issue. 2. Audio Settings: - Check the audio settings in Ventrilo to ensure the correct input and output devices are selected. - Make sure the sound drivers are up-to-date on your system. 3. Driver Issues: - Update your sound drivers. Outdated or incompatible sound drivers can cause sound problems. - You can download and install the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website. 4. Firewall/Antivirus: - Sometimes, firewall or antivirus software can interfere with network communication. Try temporarily disabling them to see if it affects the sound issue. 5. Run as Administrator: - Right-click on the Ventrilo shortcut or executable. - Select "Run as Administrator" to ensure Ventrilo has the necessary permissions. 6. Check Windows Audio Services: - Ensure that the Windows Audio services are running correctly. You can do this by: - Press Win + R, type "services.msc," and press Enter. - Look for "Windows Audio" and "Windows Audio Endpoint Builder" services. Make sure they are running. 7. Reinstall Ventrilo: - If none of the above solutions work, consider uninstalling Ventrilo, restarting your computer, and then reinstalling the latest version of the software. 8. Check for Background Processes: - Make sure there are no background processes consuming too much CPU or memory, as this can cause sound issues in applications. Give these solutions a try and see if any of them help resolve the sound delay issue in Ventrilo on your Windows 7 system. Let me know if you need further assistance!

Solution
Back