jimbo45

Has ANYONE got a laptop with one of these cards in it and got it to work on either Vista X-64 or W7 X-64. 32 bit versions of both OSe's work fine.

I've installed the latest drivers -- Windows reports as working fine but displays Unknown Network Limited Connectivity.

I've tried all the fixes such as disabling the iphelper service, disabling IPV6 and creating the registry key DhcpConnForceBroadcastFlag 0 as per microsoft site and other various Internet forums. - Absolutely no joy --still get Limited connectivity on Unknown network. The Wireless card works fine on X-64. I know the built in Lan card is OK since XP runs OK and Windows 7 X32 (what I'm using at the moment).

I've connected this laptop up to 3 different routers -- they can't ALL be faulty :D:D.

This is a bit of a show stopper on Windows 7 -X64 (and even Vista X-64) as I do need to use a LAN not wireless from time to time.

Cheers

Jimbo

The issue you're facing with limited connectivity on Windows 7 x64 with Atheros AR8131 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller could be due to various reasons. Here are some further steps you can take to troubleshoot this problem:

1. Roll Back Driver Update:
- Try rolling back the network adapter driver to the previous version in Device Manager.

2. Driver Update from Manufacturer:
- Visit the laptop manufacturer's website and download the latest driver specifically for Windows 7 x64.
- Ensure you are installing the correct driver version for the chipset in your laptop.

3. Check for Other Driver-related Issues:
- Check if any other recently installed drivers are conflicting with the network adapter.
- Remove or update any problematic drivers by reviewing the Device Manager.

4. IP Configuration:
- Check the IPv4 settings to ensure they are configured to obtain an IP address automatically.
- Reset TCP/IP stack by running commands in the Command Prompt:
Code:
     netsh winsock reset
     netsh int ip reset
     ipconfig /release
     ipconfig /renew

5. Hardware Check:
- Ensure there are no hardware issues with the LAN port on your laptop.
- Test the laptop with a different Ethernet cable to rule out cable faults.

6. Network Troubleshooter:
- Run the Network Troubleshooter in Windows 7 to diagnose and attempt to fix network connection issues.

7. BIOS Update:
- Check if there are any BIOS updates available for your laptop that might address compatibility issues with the LAN port.

8. Third-party Firewall/Antivirus:
- Temporarily disable or configure third-party firewall or antivirus software that could be blocking network connectivity.

If none of these steps resolve the limited connectivity issue, consider reaching out to both your laptop manufacturer's support and Microsoft support for further assistance in resolving the network problem on Windows 7 x64.

Back