Windows 7 Video Controller Driver??

aoro

Hey guys i installed windows 7 ultimate yestoday automatic updates got drivers for sound and the enthernet plug. But cant find a driver for the Video Controller iv been looking for a few hours and cant find anything i got some info on it.

Video Controller PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5D44&SUBSYS_7C27174B&REV_01\4&AE33886&0&0108 The drivers for this device are not installed.

thanks aoro:redface:

Hi.

Unfortunately, that means you have a RADEON 9200SE video card which is not compatible with Vista nor 7. You will never have the Aero interface at all with that card. Very much recommend a video card upgrade.

You might be able to install the XP driver using the device manager. Here it is (must use I.E. only, for the link to work):

Microsoft Update Catalog

Extract the driver to a folder.

Open device manager. Right click on Standard VGA in the display adapters section. Choose update driver software. Browse my computer. Let me pick. Have disk. Browse.

Now find and double click on the .inf file in the extracted folder. Hit ok then hit next and it will install. Reboot for good measure.

It isn't going to do much performance at all under Windows 7, even if this driver does install for you.

Go into Control Panel -> Device Manager.

Find your video controller... It will be either under display adaptors or unknown devices... What make and model is it?

Back