Windows 7 Virus in Torrent 7057

reghakr

Essential Member
How many times have I said...DON'T USE TORRENTS.

Well, desperate to get the latest build, I found one to be a .rar file which immediately made me suspicious. Another stupid ass thing I did was to not make sure the hashes were identical.

There were files called 4thmarch.exe and InstallsConvertor-303559_c3b3a02be03eddd6bf896ef9cc6662f8.exe.

These ARE virus infected. I extracted the contents of the extract.exe file using Universal Extractor.

If you're going for a torrent, download 1 single .iso file, nothing else....even this isn't a guarantee.

I removed the virus manually from the command prompt and in Safe Mode by delteing about 7 files in the root of the C: drive. 1 in the startup folder, three in msconfig, and 2 services.

Simply put.....BEWARE!!

Always check the provenance of the build as well before using . Check the SHA1 and checksum as well.

BTW (OT) but build 7068 (x-86 only) is now out in the wild (from our Russian sweet lady! Thanks -- but can you leak the 64 bit version as well. :razz::razz: Genuine BTW.

(It's on that well known Nautical site on the bay and the small whatever it is from NL. If you do D/L please be considerate and SEED as well )

File name 7068.0.090321-1322_x86fre_client_en-us_Retail_AIISKU-GRC1CPRFRER_EN_DVD.iso

cheers
jimbo

Back
Top Bottom