Windows 7 [VIRUS] Need help with serious virus !

homeworlder

Hi, so i've got this virus that i recieved from an infected .exe file that i downloaded. My bad, i should've known as it happened before when nothing happened when i clicked it.

Well, i've tried a bunch of stuff to remove it, but here's basicly what happens:

It makes files in my Appdata\roaming files named random characters, it makes more each time i reboot. Now, i've turned the files off in MSCONFIG and i've blocked them in windows firewall, (Also deleted them when i've had the chance)
But something keeps remaking them.

I've scanned with PC Tools Spyware Doctor
And i've also tried scanning with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
Nothing Found.

Also, i don't know if this is related, but lately my processes have had issues on closing. When i tried, nothing happens. (Skype did this, e.g.)
This comes in a lower priority though, as i fear that the virus is a keylogger.

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated, as i'd like to avoid a reinstall.
Please tell me if i need to give additional info :)

Hello and welcome to the forum.
First make sure you have your critical data backed up and safe on external media of some sort.
Then try this What is Windows Defender Offline? get the correct version for your architecture. Use the program to create a bootable CD, boot your machine from that CD and run a FULL system scan.
another good resource for off line / OS independent virus scans Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10 a bit more complex to use but there are resources on that link to both the program and instructions as to how to use it.
Good luck and keep us posted.
Regards
Randy

Thank you.
Though, i just tried Spybit Search & Destroy, and it seems that it has cleaned up my registry.
I will post updates, if it is not fixed ;)

Hi Homeworlder.

Always worth following Troubles advice, just to doubly make sure you are "clean". Its also good to have one of the prepared CD's he mentions permanently in your armoury.
Also, always best to run Malwarebytes in "Safe Mode" when you know you've caught a bad guy.

Last edited:
Back