Windows Vista Vista 32-bit OEM locks up at blue-green screen

Dharrell18

Just a built a new rig. BIOS recognises all my sata ,memory, processor, ect. But i dont have a Primary master. Is that a problem. if not then i cant figure out why it locks up at Blue green screen

I have a 500 GB HDD and it pick it up in the 2nd SATA slot but it has nothing set to Primary IDE master in the BIOS

If you check the back of the actual HDD there should be either a 'jumper' or a little sticker telling you how to set for either Master, Slave or Cable Select...

It says on the Cover. "Master/Slave jumper not required for SATA. Jumpered pins 3 and 4 enable PUIS."

Sorry I'm getting confused with the old style IDE or PATA..
I run a RAID 0 set up using SATA so you'd think I'd remember! I'm pretty sure with SATA you don't have to worry about primarys and slaves. If you remember, using the old style would often mean two devices on one IDE cable, so to stop confusion, primarys and slaves were used.
This still means you have your lock-up problem... When you say 'blue-green screen'... Do you mean when you first boot the pc up and it gets to one of the loading screens then it locks up?

You could try running chkdsk and see if it turns up any bad sectors...

Re: Vista 32-bit OEM locks up at blue-green screen - S

I have had this problem and I could not figure waht was causing it. I tried disconnecting all usb drives, change ram sticks even I swap hard disk from another computer with no success

Re: Vista 32-bit OEM locks up at blue-green screen - SOLVED -

I have had this problem and I could not figure waht was causing it. I tried disconnecting all usb drives, change ram sticks even I swap hard disk from another computer with no success. You know what it was? - at least in my case - I did not install a floppy disk in my new computer but I forgot to disable it in BIOS, so I disabled floppy legacy and Vista, or any other OS, install fast and without any problem. Please let me know if this was your case too.

Sorry I'm getting confused with the old style IDE or PATA..
I run a RAID 0 set up using SATA so you'd think I'd remember! I'm pretty sure with SATA you don't have to worry about primarys and slaves.
If you remember, using the old style would often mean two devices on one IDE cable, so to stop confusion, primarys and slaves were used.
This still means you have your lock-up problem... When you say 'blue-green screen'... Do you mean when you first boot the pc up and it gets to one of the loading screens then it locks up?

You could try running chkdsk and see if it turns up any bad sectors...

Correct, with all the fancy SATA stuff you dont need to worry about setting your masters an slaves, that's for the old school ide drives with the big daft grey ribbons, like you said.

Back
Top Bottom