Windows 7 Vista boot screen when loading Windows 7

I have an Acer Aspire one AOA150 8.9" screen, 1GB of RAM, Intel GMA950, Intel Atom N270, and 160GB HDD. I have three partitions set up: one for XP, one for sharing files, and one for Windows 7 Build 7000. The problem is when I go to start Windows 7 I see the Vista loading screen with the green bar. So, to address the problem, I thought it may be something to do with the MBR. So, I install easy BCD and rewrote the MBR, restart and found that the settings which I have changed work, but the Vista boot screen still pops up.

Some have said it has to do with the connections to a LCD TV, but obviously that cannot be that case here. It has to be something with the boot up settings. Has anyone fixed this problem using EasyBCD or by using another method?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hay I have had exactly the same problem.

I dual booted with Vista install 7 on a different HDD. my vista hdd (with the boot manager ) has stopped working and I have to use bootrec to install the bootmgr onto the Windows 7 hdd.

Now all I have is the default vista splash! surely they havent jus stuck the new one over the old so when using recovery tools its gone forever!?

So what you're saying is that you have the boot screen of Vista, but it loads Windows 7?
If so, who cares? As long as it works. It's just a splash screen.

Last edited:
I have an Acer Aspire one AOA150 8.9" screen, 1GB of RAM, Intel GMA950, Intel Atom N270, and 160GB HDD. I have three partitions set up: one for XP, one for sharing files, and one for Windows 7 Build 7000. The problem is when I go to start Windows 7 I see the Vista loading screen with the green bar. So, to address the problem, I thought it may be something to do with the MBR. So, I install easy BCD and rewrote the MBR, restart and found that the settings which I have changed work, but the Vista boot screen still pops up.

Some have said it has to do with the connections to a LCD TV, but obviously that cannot be that case here. It has to be something with the boot up settings. Has anyone fixed this problem using EasyBCD or by using another method?

Thanks in advance.
For me this was effected by the connection to the screen. It only does this in HDMI for me, otherwise it is normal.

Hello (sorry if my english is bad, i'm french)

I have the same problem, but I found the source of the problem :

You have a Acer Aspire.
Generally, Acer put an "Intel Turbo Memory" in their laptop.
The Intel Turbo Memory is a little memory, faster than your HDD, where is copied the files that Windows load.
But the Intel Turbo Memory isn't released for Win7, so I've found two hypothesis (if you have the ITM) :
- the loading is faster than the animation : so it replace by the Vista boot
- or because the ITM isn't releases for Win7, and the Win7' kernel is the same than Vista, so when ITM copied the files, he made the same boot than Vista.
BUT, I havn't found a solution for this.

Hope it will help you.

Splash screen..

Mine has changed to the standard Vista splash screen after I copied NTLDR and NTDETECT to my XP partition after re-installing XP in my Dual-boot setup.

I also used Easybcd to reconfigure the system - not sure which action caused the 'problem'.

Stil, it serves to remind that Windows 7 is just a Vista Service Pack.

hi,

I have a similar problem with my Toshiba 8.9inch screen netbook. i'm guessing the animation requirers a higher resolution depth than the 600, just like messenger. I have found if i start with an external monitor, i get to see the animation, so it is on the system, it just doesn't like the 1024x600 screens...

if anyone knows how to force it to appear (cos' its far pretttier than the vista one), please let me know...

I encountered this about three times now with diff Windows 7 builds and the issue is definitely EasyBCD. Anyone know of a way to get the pretty Win 7 splash screen back?

I encountered this about three times now with diff Windows 7 builds and the issue is definitely EasyBCD. Anyone know of a way to get the pretty Win 7 splash screen back?

thats an interesting point beacause i have never hard on and my system definatly does not contain easyBCD, therefore I assume it has something to do with how that program effects the system. But that does'texplain why it has never appeared on m screen... any ideas from the mircosoft team???

It also happened on this other machine before when I switched the video buffer in the Dell BIOS from 1MB to 8MB, but all other times it was from EasyBCD. Now that I think of it, I think one of those times wasn't EasyBCD but resizing the partition. Very odd.

i have the same problem since i resized my main partition, i dont recommend to do so, it took quite a time to fix it ;) (win7 does also have a problem with SMART capability, enabling it totally destroyed my first installation.)

also, my os is not longer called Windows 7 , but Windows 7 (recovered) (for example in the F8 bootmenu), is there a way i can at least fix this (the bootscreen does not worry me much ;)

I have had the same problem.

On one PC I solved it.
An old PC with screen resolution 1024 x 768:
I opened command line with admin rights, then enter:

bcdedit /set {current} locale en-US

(in my case: "bcdedit /set {current} locale de-DE" for German)

First you can check if correct locale string is in boot record:
Open command line with admin rights, then enter:

bcdedit

On a second PC I have no luck: "MSI Netbook" with screen resolution 1024 x 600. I have read that the new Windows 7 animated boot screen only appears when screen resolution is minimum of 1024 x 768.

Vista loading screen on Windows 7 RC 64-bit

When I turn on my computer, instead of the new Windows 7 loading screen, it loads with the vista screen. It only does this while connected through HDMI. If I connect it via DVI, it loads with the new Windows 7 loading screen, just as it should...

My specs are the following:

• NVIDIA nforce 790i ultra SLI motherboard
  • 500GB Western Digital, 7200RPM, SATA
  • 2X XFX 9800 GX2 connected in SLI mode
  • 3X2 corsair memory RAM @ 1600MHZ.
  • Pioneer BDC-202 Blu-Ray ROM
  • Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 Quad-Core Processor, 2.66 GHz, 12M L2 Cache, 1333MHz
  • Windows 7 RC 64-bit Build 7100

Can anyone help with this small error...?

When I turn on my computer, instead of the new Windows 7 loading screen, it loads with the vista screen. It only does this while connected through HDMI. If I connect it via DVI, it loads with the new Windows 7 loading screen, just as it should...

Can anyone help with this small error...?

Attempt "unawave's" solution. I believe that solved it for me before.

that's what I did and it said "blablabla sucessfull"

Are you taking into account that I do see the Windows 7 loading screen when I'm connected through DVI... Vista loading screen only appears when connected through HDMI... Do you think that this "bcd" solution applies to my variables..?

On a second PC I have no luck: "MSI Netbook" with screen resolution 1024 x 600. I have read that the new Windows 7 animated boot screen only appears when screen resolution is minimum of 1024 x 768.
Perhaps whilst booting with HDMI the PC gives a signal of lower screen resolution.

Yeah it could be because of resolution. Too bad there was no way to specify boot res. w/ diff connections.

Back