Windows Vista vista in loop will not bootup

PANDABEAR

Hi
Since yesterday I cannot bootup my vista laptop Fujitsu Siemens amilo 1730.
On bootup it gets as far as the vista progress bar then flashes a blue screen I cannot read (Too fast) and starts to boot again.
I have tried safe mode with and without prompt, last good, all with the same result. I have booted from the recovery CD which told me I needed to install drivers for my hard disk but after browsing all areas no compatible drivers were found. Got to the cd prompt & tried to change to the c: prompt but it said that c: was inaccessible. Tried to re-install vista from CD but was told I had to format c: drive in order to do this, but I cannot access the c: drive to format it. When it searched for drivers however it did allow me to browse the contents of the c: drive.

Any idea's
thanks
PB

Re: vista in loop will not boot up

Hi! I have a link you can look at, for inspiration. Will get back to you tomorrow. Link Removed - Invalid URL

Hi
Since yesterday I cannot bootup my vista laptop Fujitsu Siemens amilo 1730.
On bootup it gets as far as the vista progress bar then flashes a blue screen I cannot read (Too fast) and starts to boot again.
I have tried safe mode with and without prompt, last good, all with the same result. I have booted from the recovery CD which told me I needed to install drivers for my hard disk but after browsing all areas no compatible drivers were found. Got to the cd prompt & tried to change to the c: prompt but it said that c: was inaccessible. Tried to re-install vista from CD but was told I had to format c: drive in order to do this, but I cannot access the c: drive to format it. When it searched for drivers however it did allow me to browse the contents of the c: drive.

Any idea's
thanks
PB
Sounds like your HDD may be on it's way out, if possible try running chkdisk.

Thanks for your comments suggestions.
Managed to re-format C: drive & re-install Vista all seems well, I hope :)

Cheers
PB

Back