Windows 7 Vista to XP to Win 7 to BSoD

Drivers that pre-date Windows 7. Update:

atikmdag.sys Fri May 22 05:10:27 2009 AMD Graphics Drivers
  • Download and install DriverSweeper.
  • Uninstall your current Graphics setup through Programs and Features
  • Boot to (preferably) Safe Mode and run Driver Sweeper to clean up the remnants of your current Graphics set up.
  • Reboot to Normal Mode.
  • Install your new Graphics set up.
I believe this IS the issue. I have the most up to date driver made by ATI. I have visited that page many times and found the latest drivers. It states on there that this is a legacy system and that the drivers I will be downloading may not work correctly. Is there a 3rd party that makes bootleg drivers that I could use? Or is there a place that would have a more up-to-date driver than ATIs website?

GEARAspiWDM.sys Mon May 18 13:17:04 2009 Gear Software CD-ROM Class Filter Driver v4.019.1 (Oct 2011). Also loads with iTunes

FwLnk.sys Sun Nov 19 14:11:04 2006 ('06? Ouch!!) Link Removed due to 404 Error

MarvinBus64.sys Fri Sep 23 22:17:03 2005 ('05? WTF!!) Pinnacle Marvin Bus

As for these, is the link you are providing the place to fix these issues? I had installed the Toshiba Value Added Package, so I'm wondering why the FwLnk driver is out of date.

UPDATE:
First a recap:
1. Installed fresh copy of Win7 64 bit Premium 10 days ago (was running XP 32bit)
2. 2 days later experienced BSoDs
3. Tried updating drivers
4. Came here, tried doing Driver Verifier and posted a message
5. Tried updating drivers again
6. Still experience BSoD when verifying drivers

Now, I installed a fresh copy of Win 7 Premium 32bit last night. Did not install any programs except for IE9, MSE and Chrome. Let it do all updates, but decided to let it's thing on it's own overnight and I would finish up in the morning. I powered on the laptop this morning and BAM, BSoD. So the 32bit OS hasn't seemed to fix the problem. I've included the dmp files.

View attachment 021012-33041-01.zip

Another Update:
The system is working perfectly and has not crashed and can go for hours with driver verifier on without a BSoD. However, I'm sad to say this is with XP 32 bit. I'd rather my wife have a working computer, rather than a pretty nonworking computer.

I wish I could have made it work but after installing four different operating systems, seven times in less than a week, I'm done and sticking with XP.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Back
Top Bottom