Windows 7 W-lan stops working

maddingcrowd

Hi everybody!

Everything is perfect at the beginning in Windows 7 x64 RC(7100), Software, games, music, internet... everything is fine until Wireless stops working...
Then I try to reset my computer, doesn't shut down, stays in logging off or shutting down and never actually shuts down.(This Problem only happens after wireless stops working) So I have to force it off. Then again I start my Computer, everything works perfectly until again... W-LAN stops working, sometimes after 5 min, sometimes after more... It is weird, my Connection is fine, works with my laptop and before when I was running Vista I never had this Problem.
I tried uninstalling and installing again the driver but the problem persists... and after the W-LAN stops, I try to open it and reconnect or something but it just doesn't answer...
any ideas? I think it's a driver Problem but how do I fix it? I searched for a new driver but it says it is already the newest... What can I do?

my Desktop specs:
Amilo Pi 3635
Azure Wave Wireless Lan Card AW NU222
Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200
4GB ram
ATI 4850

Thanks again for the help!

exactly the same problem!!

Hi all

Recently purchased a new Medion Akoya E7330 PC. Did a clean install of windows 7 x64. Everything seems to be fine then wireless goes onto Limited connection. The wireless card is the same, Azure Wave Wireless Lan Card AW NU222. Drivers on the medion site are only for Vista. Windows update gave me an optional update for the driver, but when installed, suffered the same problems, although the new driver was installed as a RALink card. Its driving me crzy! Have all the same symptoms as maddingcrowd. After the wireless goes onto limited everything seems to become unresponsive, like device manager, network & sharing centre, and computer won't shut down properly.
I hope theres someone out there that can help! :confused:

Response from Medion

Okay

So Medion have told me that there is currently no Windows 7 driver for the Azure Wave Wireless Lan Card AW NU222. I have tried multiple drivers, each with the same result... I have tried the generic drivers from Windows Update, which use a driver for a Ralink Chipset. Ive also downloaded a later driver from the Ralink website, which ended in the same thing happening. Wireless works fine for a random amount of time, then goes onto limited connectivity, and becomes unresponsive to disconnection, or disabling the adapter. Please does anyone know of a WORKAROUND? :mad:

Specs :

Medion Akoya E7330 D
Intel Quad Core 2.5Ghz Q8300
4Gb RAM
Windows 7 Ultimate

Last edited:
I have the same pc and the exact same problem as maddingcrowd but I am using a different wireless...the netgear usb dongle listed below....any solution yet? So very frustating......

my Desktop specs:
Amilo Pi 3635
Netgear wg111v2
Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200
4GB ram
ATI 4850

Driver Problems

cpage4,

Its definatly a driver issue. Dont think netgear has released official win7 drivers yet for this dongle. I did see this though that might help as a temp workaround. Not sure if it actually works but might be some help.
Can't install NETGEAR drivers

In the case of my problem, i bought a new dongle which is Win7 compatible. Installed in seconds and hasn't skipped a beat. No more unresponsiveness, crashes etc. They are pretty cheap these days, only cost $25AU.

Good luck!

wireless problem!

Yeah am thinking I will have to buy a new one. There are no windows 7 drivers, I have the latest one. Would you mind telling me what adapter you are using now, I am having trouble finding any that say they are windows 7 compatible.

Thanks

Ralink Chipset

I have bought a generic adapter with a ralink chipset, off Link Removed due to 404 Error I'm sure you'll be able to find something similar from your own country. Best of luck! :razz:

Hi everybody!

Everything is perfect at the beginning in Windows 7 x64 RC(7100), Software, games, music, internet... everything is fine until Wireless stops working...
Then I try to reset my computer, doesn't shut down, stays in logging off or shutting down and never actually shuts down.(This Problem only happens after wireless stops working) So I have to force it off. Then again I start my Computer, everything works perfectly until again... W-LAN stops working, sometimes after 5 min, sometimes after more... It is weird, my Connection is fine, works with my laptop and before when I was running Vista I never had this Problem.
I tried uninstalling and installing again the driver but the problem persists... and after the W-LAN stops, I try to open it and reconnect or something but it just doesn't answer...
any ideas? I think it's a driver Problem but how do I fix it? I searched for a new driver but it says it is already the newest... What can I do?

my Desktop specs:
Amilo Pi 3635
Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200
4GB ram
ATI 4850

Thanks again for the help!

hi maddincrowd,

I had the same problem months ago with my Medion Akoya P7300D wifi driver also with a AW-NU222 internal installed.
I figured out that Azure wave and Ralink are 1 and the same
try and hit google for Azure wave and ralink you wil see.

So that brings us to the ralink support page where you can download the newest drivers.
You must have the download on top
that is USB (RT2870 /RT2770 /RT307X /RT2070 /RT3572/3370/8070) are the same for our NU222.
I don't have win7 x64 installed but the win7 x86 version so i hope these drivers wil work for your 64 bit OS as good as mine.

I hope i can put this link in to there site.

Ralink corp.

Good luck

Greets

Advertman

Back