Windows 7 W7 boots normally but not in safe mode

jsampson1945

When I try to boot Windows 7 in safe mode it waits several minutes after loading drivers, then closes down and reboots to normal mode. I find this in the process of investigating 'unspecified error 766f6c756d652e63 3f1' whereby I cannot check the disk without first doing a system restore and I cannot do a system restore without first checking the disk. There is 'an error caused by a recently-installed software package'. Is there any way of getting to safe mode to try to find where the corruption is?

have u recenetly installed any program like a antivirus etc?.

also u can go to start > run command prompt as adminstrator and type chkdsk /f /r
or try doing a repair with the windows disk

OR

when the pc boots , keep pressing F8, select repair computer ( top option i believe ) > system recovery options > select keyboard input ( uk , us etc ) > type username and password IF prompted > and i believe there is startup repair?

I have been trying various things including what you suggest. However, this morning the computer booted without showing any error message, and I was able to boot into safe mode. So the problem has disappeared as mysteriously as it came.

Back