Windows 8 Watching online videos

Maybird

I recently bought a HP laptop running windows 8.1 to date I have not been able to view any online videos I have tried using Chrome and IE. I get the sound but not the picture just black or green blank screen. This happens when I have tried to see videos on social media sites and YouTube or anywhere there is a video. Can anyone give me some advice as to how to solve the problem...I do have Flash Player enabled..
thank you

Hi

This might be your problem, I know I've run into this a few times.
I copied this from a Chrome support page...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your video may require JavaScript. YouTube videos, for example, won't run without JavaScript.

To turn on JavaScript, follow the steps below:

1. Type chrome://settings/content into the address bar.
  2. In the JavaScript section, select Allow all sites to run JavaScript (recommended).
  3. Click the OK button to close the window.
  4. Refresh your browser to update the settings.

It's interesting to learn about. I was trying to learn Java Script programming for webdesign. The Windows XP didn't let me play Java Script from the Windows but allowed me to play it from the server (in several web browsers I guess). Can I play my own new-bee Java scripts from the machine after the actions suggested above? I guess not. Am I?

Hi

This might be your problem, I know I've run into this a few times.
I copied this from a Chrome support page...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your video may require JavaScript. YouTube videos, for example, won't run without JavaScript.

To turn on JavaScript, follow the steps below:

1. Type chrome://settings/content into the address bar.
  2. In the JavaScript section, select Allow all sites to run JavaScript (recommended).
  3. Click the OK button to close the window.
  4. Refresh your browser to update the settings.
Thanks for replying sadly it did not work

Well after trying various methods that I read on the internet nothing worked until today when I thought I would try a system restore and hey presto I can now watch videos

Hi

Funny just a few minutes ago my sound stopped working while I was watching a Youtube video.
After messing around with it for a few minutes and finding all my sound was out, I rebooted and it came back, but I have no idea why it just suddenly stopped.

That's computers I guess. LOL

Mike

Back
Top Bottom