Windows 10 What's with Nvidia driver updates?

MikeHawthorne

Essential Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
Hi

I've just gotten what I think is the 5th Nvidia driver update in the last 2 weeks.
Usually these are months apart.

What's going on, are they having some kind of issues that they are trying to fix?

Mike

All changelogs can be found in the update section:
Graphic Drivers

As mentioned a couple of drivers that were released to support games had faults and so Nvidia released Hotfixes to help.

Boy I'm getting one about every 3 days, I got another one yesterday.
It never used to be like this, it was once every 3 months or so.

At least it's not a big deal anymore, at one time it took forever to do, and you never knew if it was going to complete or not.

Now my computer doesn't even reboot during the process.

Mike

Hi

No I'm getting them through Geforce Experience.
I've used it for a long time now, and I notice that it's telling me that Updates are Available again this morning.

I know that I can ignore it.
I used to do that a lot back when it was a real hassle installing them.

My current drives is 376.19

Mike

Last edited:
My current drives is 376.19
Yup, that's the most recent whql as you know.

I try the G.E. from time to time but as a rule do not use it.

You could try clearing out the existing driver using the DDU and then re-installing?

Hi

I always do a clean install of the driver.
I started doing it that way back when there could to be problems if you didn't clear out the old driver first.

I haven't had any problems updating in a long time, they've really improved the process from what it used to be.

Mike

As I was writing it I was thinking to myself 'I'm sure Mike uses the DDU'... :)

Are you being offered beta drivers as well as whql versions? It may explain why your seeing so many?

Just install graphics drivers without the NV experience. Do not install the Nvidia experience because it has telemetry software to tell Nvidia, your gaming hardware and software like your motherboard brand, RAM, GPU frequency, BIOS version, framerate history, USD drives currently plugged, etc.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

Back