Windows 10 WHEA BSOD Everytime PC Is Turned On

hrussd

Windows 10 Pro v1903

Beginning about one week to ten days ago, every time I power on my PC, I get a BSOD with the WHEA stop code. After making a system dump, the PC restarts and all works fine until I next power the PC off.

I have run "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth", "sfc /scannow" and MEMTEST 5.1.

All report no errors.

Windows Update History shows one driver updated:

HP Inc. - SoftwareComponent - 6/20/2019 12:00:00 AM - 1.0.644.0

DriverBooster reports several recently updated drivers:

This is what the "WhoCrashed" program reports:

=================================

Crash Dump Analysis

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

Crash dump directories:

C:\WINDOWS

C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

On Sun 07/Jul/19 12:09:25 your computer crashed or a problem was reported

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\070719-8796-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: hal.dll (hal+0x477E8)

Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x4, 0xFFFFC80F87571038, 0x0, 0x0)

Error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\hal.dll

product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System

company: Microsoft Corporation

description: Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL

Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).

This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sun 07/Jul/19 12:09:25 your computer crashed or a problem was reported

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP

This was probably caused by the following module: pshed.dll (PSHED!PshedBugCheckSystem+0x10)

Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x4, 0xFFFFC80F87571038, 0x0, 0x0)

Error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\pshed.dll

product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System

company: Microsoft Corporation

description: Platform Specific Hardware Error Driver

Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).

This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

==============================================

As requested, the zipped "OMEN875-(2019-07-13_10-41-24)" folder is attached.

I would welcome any suggestions as to how to proceed!

Regards,

Russ

Attachments

• W7F_13-07-2019.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 215
Hi, welcome to the forum on checking your dmp files, you're having a hardware fault with the pci express. May I suggest you upgrade your bios to the latest. All your drivers seem up to date. May I also suggest you don't use driverbooster as it causes way more problems than it's ever solved.

Hi nmsuk, I'm seeing two possible BIOS upgrades on the HP support website. Both are recent (last two months), but one is for ROM Family SSID 84FD, the other for ROM Family SSID 84FE. Do you know how I could determine which apples to my PC?

Hi again, I determined (with help from HP) that my PC has ROM Family SSID 84FD. I updated the BIOS to F.20-05/20/2019. Now the WHEA BSODs seem to be gone! Many thanks, nmsuk. Can you hazard a guess as to why the BSODs started about two months after I bought the PC?

Back