Windows 10 Where did my sound go?

Chucktin

Seems like I saw 2 Win10 updates over the last couple of months(?). Anyway something has affected my speaker output. When I look at you tube videos I don't get any audio and have to run the troubleshooter. Whatever routine it runs fixes my no audio problem but having to do that everytime is a bit much! Anybody know what's causing this?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Windows patches specifically only come out on the second Tuesday each month. The other you received may have been a driver update. I would suggest going to the computer manufacturer site and see if there is a different driver available

Not solved. Windows reported that the Hi Def audio driver is the latest and up to date.
Could it be a change to you tube?

When looking for updated drivers.....never depend on Windows to tell you so. Always go to the mfg web site for the latest drivers as those will be the latest WHQL drivers.

So if you have a PC that's an OEM....HP, Dell, then go to there support web page. If a custom built, go to each hardware mfg web support page for drivers.

Still looking but I haven't found an OEM signature for the driver. Next I'll be looking at the MB site.

Still looking but I haven't found an OEM signature for the driver
Where did you look?

With out knowing what PC you have and model....OEM, custom build or laptop.......we can't point you in the right direction.

Custom built machine for Photoshop. Using onboard audio. I looked in Device Manager.

You can't update through there.......you have to go to (since this is a custom build) the mobo mfg web support page for the latest drivers. If your not willing to do that.....I can't help.

Yes MB web site for up dates. I was thinking that as I typed. The desktop's specs and paperwork/labeling is put away and I have to get them out or email the guy that did the assemble for me. We have moved further away from his locale.
On the other hand there's a shop in town that has been doing tweaks for me I can use. Tho' they are a little pricey.

I found the RealTek website and installed an updated driver. Seems to have been a fix.
I say "seems" because our internet connection is unreliable at times and I suspect that's adding to the weirdness I've been seeing.

I found the RealTek website and installed an updated driver. Seems to have been a fix.
That's good.....but just keep in mind....that those drivers are not specifically for your mobo's audio. Meaning that those drivers were not tested for it to see if there were any kinds of issues. Granted that 90% of the time the do work. It's always best to get drivers from mobo mfg.

As for information on your hardware....this is software you can download to show you. I like HWiFO there's also Speecy which a lot of users like. It's a little bit more on the simpler side.

Back