Windows 7 Where is My Documents, My Pictures, My Videos etc...

Seregwethrin

Where are My Documents, My Pictures, My Videos etc...

Hello;

I've changed the default My Documents, My Pictures, My Videos and My Musics paths to D:\somewhere not in C:\.

Please check the screenshot at bottom, My Documents, My Pictures, My Videos and My Musics have been disappeared at my User folder. Include paths of Libraries were gone too but I included them again.

How can I get them back in User folder?

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Last edited:
If you right click on the Documents Library folder, and select Properties, you get a Document Properties dialog that seems to allow including new folders to the library.

Sorry, I cannot see the picture, it is too small even after being expanded.

The screenshot link has been corrected. Sorry I didn't checked it was working or not.

I've already did what you've said. But the problem is at User folder, not Library folder.

Please check the screenshot again, you'll understand it.

What is the ATA folder doing there?

C:\users\yourusername\

All special folders are located here.

It's just a shortcut, I've added it to favorites but it's not the case. The case is ATA folder which is the User folder of logged Windows user doesn't containt My Documents, My Musics, My Pictures, My Videos.

Also the My X folders are not in C:\Users\MyUserName folder

You can look here, check the path: Link Removed due to 404 Error

:redface: Sorry I didn't read the whole thread before I made this post. Never mind.

Last edited:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Exp lorer\User Shell Folders
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Exp lorer\Shell Folders

Look in those two places in your registry... see where its put them.

Thanks dude. That's the where problem is. Just the first slashes has been gone away, they were like D:Musics. I fixed and works like a charm now :cool:

How about another screenshot to show us where you wanted them...

Back
Top Bottom