Windows 7 Why you should say no to Windows 8 and stick with Windows 7.

Andrea Borman

Honorable Member
I first found out at the beginning of last year that there was going to be a Windows 8,and that Microsoft had finished making Windows 8.And I read about and saw a preview of what Windows 8 was going to be like,and I knew right away that I did not like it.

To tell you the truth, when I first saw the preview of what Windows 8 looked like and what it was going to be,I had the shock of my life.

Windows 8 has NO START MENU,oh my God. And instead of the normal Windows Desktop that is in all the other versions of Windows from Windows 95 to Windows 7,that has been replaced by tiles known as the Metro theme. And as a result from what I read on the web and saw in other videos,most people,even computer geeks are finding it almost impossible to use. And Microsoft has no plans to make Windows 8 with a normal desktop and start menu,like Windows 7 has.

In England you can no longer buy Windows XP and Windows Vista computers and laptops,because they have stopped making and selling them. You can now only buy Windows 7. And it is often the case that when Microsoft brings out a new version of Windows that computer makers and shops stop selling the old version.

And I don't know what I will do if they stop selling Windows 7, and then if my computer wears out I will be forced to buy Windows 8. As I have limited experience with computers. I stopped using Linux a year ago because I don't know how to use it. And I found Linux hard and difficult to use and I could not use it, that is why I stay with Windows. Also many brands of Linux do not have a start menu or desktop,Ubuntu for example does not. And so I could not even find the settings on most brands of Linux. Another reason why I could not use Linux, as well as many other problems with Linux.

Now they have made this Windows 8, that does not look like Windows at all, and looks like Mac or Linux. And it is as ugly as hell,the Metro theme is. I have never installed Windows 8, even though there is now the developers preview that you can install. But I have read and seen videos on the web of other people who have installed Windows 8.And each person who has tried it has found Windows 8 almost impossible or impossible to use.So if the most experienced computer geeks cannot use Windows 8.Then I know for sure that I won't be able to use it, and other ordinary computer users won't be able use it either.

The biggest problem with Windows 8 is the Metro theme and other things,the fact that it is based on an I Pad.And I don't even know what an I pad is,let alone how to use one.

I got my first home computer,a Windows 7 netbook in April 2010. Before that I was using Internet cafes.Where I learned how to use a computer from the person sitting next to me,who showed me how to use a computer.Before that I did not even know how to use a mouse, but thanks to this person,I learned how to use a computer. Although my typing is not good,I type with two fingers,that is two finger typing, and looking at the keyboard.So it would not pass an office.

And of course in the Internet cafes they have Windows XP,but when I got my first laptop it had Windows 7.But because Windows 7 has a start menu,taskbar and normal Windows desktop. Just like Windows XP and Windows 2000 does,except that Windows 7 has the transparent Aero theme,I am able to use Windows 7 just like I use Windows XP.And I was able to use Windows 7 without any problems.

And any Windows XP user who has upgraded to Windows 7 can use Windows 7,because it has a start menu and normal Windows desktop. And if you don't like the Aero theme which is only the look,you can set your theme to Windows Classic. Windows Classic theme setting makes it looks like Windows 2000,but from here you can change the start menu,taskbar and desktop color to any color you choose using the color picker.

And Windows Classic theme setting also turns off the Aero theme.

The Aero theme is the transparent theme or transparency you get if you set Windows 7 to Aero or Windows 7 Basic theme setting.

Windows Vista also has the Aero theme and Windows Classic Theme like Windows 7 does. Some people find Windows Vista slower than Windows 7 but at least with Windows Vista,you have got a start menu,taskbar and normal desktop. And you have also got a start menu,taskbar and normal desktop with Windows XP,Windows 7 and all other versions of Windows,Windows 2000,Windows 98 and 95.

But you DON'T have a start menu or normal Windows desktop on Windows 8,that's the problem. And it is a big problem for other Windows users and Windows users like me who have limited experience with computers. And the start menu,taskbar and Windows desktop is whole thing and the only thing Windows users know and understand.

Not this horrible ugly Metro theme that is Windows 8, and is impossible to figure out how to use. On the appearance side Windows 8 is the most horrible thing I have ever seen. And the whole operating system with the Metro theme is impossible to use. And I don't think I could figure out how to use it.

Now I have 4 Windows 7 netbooks,each with different versions of Windows 7, and 2 Windows XP netbooks. I bought my Windows XP netbooks last year and I enjoy using both Windows 7 and Windows XP.They are both perfect in every way.

Windows Vista I am not sure about,there is a question mark over that. As I had a second hand Windows Vista laptop that did not work properly and the laptop broke.But you cannot judge Windows Vista based on one bad experience with a faulty laptop. And Windows Vista may be faster on a newer and more modern laptop. But at least Windows Vista has a normal Windows start menu,and desktop.Windows 8 does not.

And any Windows XP user who has upgraded to Windows 7 will feel right at home. Windows 7 will run most Windows XP software,Windows Live Essentials for Windows XP,Web browsers and media players for Windows XP. And not only that, it will also run all of the Windows Vista software as well.As well as web browsers and software made for Windows 2000 and earlier versions of Windows.as well as all of the latest software of course. I don't think that you could run all of your Windows 2000,Windows XP,Windows Vista or even your Windows 7 software on Windows 8. In fact you probably cannot run Windows 8 at all the way that it is.The system they have with the Metro theme.

And also most people have spent money on new Windows 7 computer or laptops and have only just upgraded to Windows 7 and gotten used to it. They don't want to go on another operating system that is not even like Windows and that they cannot figure out how to use.

I think it is disgusting that Microsoft have created this Windows 8 and made it like Mac or Linux.And removed all of the Windows features and replaced it with this Metro theme and as a result created an operating system that most people including myself cannot figure out how to use. And from what i have seen on the videos does not work anyway. And as you know when they make a new version of Windows they stop selling the old version.

If they start selling Windows 8 and making and selling Windows 8 computers and laptops.And they stop selling Windows 7 and we are forced to buy Windows 8 all Windows users including me are going to be in trouble,big trouble. Because I and most people don't know how to install operating systems. And from what I hear anyway Windows 8 may have a secure boot system that blocks the installation of other operating systems,like Linux and maybe other versions of Windows. So we won't even be able to install Windows 7 or Windows XP over Windows 8 on a Windows 8 computer.

So if Windows 8 does go out and so when our laptops wear out we are forced to buy Windows 8.We all will be stuck with it and the shop keepers are not going to care if you go home with a laptop with an operating system that you cannot figure out how to use.They just want to sell you something.It won't be the shop keepers that have to live with Windows 8, we will. But of course we cannot because of the way it is.

I have never installed Windows 8.If I did I would probably wreck my computer.

People should get together and have street marches and street protests against Windows 8 and protest to keep Windows 7 alive forever. And bring back all of the other versions of Windows,Windows XP,Windows 2000,while they are at it. I think we should write to our President or Prime Minister so that governments can ban Windows 8. As if they get rid of Windows 7 and replace it with this Windows 8.Most people including me,will have to give up using a computer.

And why would you want to give up Windows 7 for Windows 8 anyway? Windows 7 has everything we want. Some people have suggested that if they must make a Windows 8 they should make one with a normal Windows 7 start menu and desktop and NO Metro theme. But it seems that Microsoft are not going to do that.

So here is how to avoid being stuck with the dreaded Windows 8. Now,stock up on Windows 7 laptops. Now buy as many Windows 7 and Windows XP laptops as you can while you can still buy them. Buy 10 or 20 Windows 7 or Windows XP laptops and put them away somewhere safe in a cupboard.Then when your computers you are using now wear out. You will have enough Windows 7 laptops to stay on Windows 7 for the next 10 or 20 years or longer. Then you will never be in a situation where you are forced to buy Windows 8 or get stuck with Windows 8 in the future. Andrea Borman.

Last edited:
But from what I read on the web,it said that Windows 8 may have a more secure system that blocks the installation of other operating systems. But the articles I read were referring to installing Linux on Windows 8. But maybe it could also mean that you cannot install Windows 7 or Windows XP over Windows 8 either.I don't know.

And all of my laptops are netbooks with no CD drive and also I do not have any Windows 7 or Windows XP installation CDs. Maybe I should go and buy a Windows 7 CD for just in case. As when they stop selling the older versions of Windows they may also stop selling Windows 7 CDs.

But how I reinstall my Windows now is I just do a factory restore by pressing the F11 key. Andrea Borman.

Without a CD reader, an installation DVD will not help. You need to put the .iso on a stick. Then change the boot order to boot from the stick first. The rest is automatic.

Without a CD reader, an installation DVD will not help. You need to put the .iso on a stick. Then change the boot order to boot from the stick first. The rest is automatic.

But I thought if your laptop has a CD drive you just put the Windows 7 CD in the CD drive, and boot and install from there. But my netbook does not have a CD drive. But I thought I could buy one and plug it into the USB plug socket.And then put the Windows 7 CD in the CD drive I plugged into my netbook and install Windows 7 that way.

But I have seen videos on You Tube about installing Windows XP from a USB stick onto Windows 7. But I don't know how they got the Windows XP operating system onto the USB stick. It did not say how, in the videos I saw. And then of course you have to activate Windows to use it.

So the truth is I don't know how to install operating systems. Andrea Borman.

Last edited:
I installed the preview version of Windows 8 on a virtual hard disk. It took 10-15 min to find and install a program to eliminate the annoying Metro feature and go straight to desktop. Get used to the constant change on OS things constantly change. The only reason XP hung on so long was the next version MS worked out was a disaster and then they rushed Vista out before it was really ready. Vista was not well received by business.
Joe

People oft think I'm just being flip & not taking thier concerns seriously... not the case. But, the previous person is spot-on. The actual life-cycle of Windows OSs is 3 yrs. It's a continum... computing has, does & will keep changing....same as technology & generations do. What 'we' want & demand, changes in home & business enviornments, hardware & software available (& obsolete). It really is a truism, truly must be aadapting, going w/ the flow, learning/acccepting. There is no good served by 'clinging', having a what-was-was-better attitude & grumbling every 3 yrs. The band WILL keep marching. Yep, many people had their perspective altered by XP hanging around so long & Vista's flash-in-the-pan appearance. Since computers began OSs & platforms have evolved, come, gone & repeatedly offered new & different versions (theoretically better than prior bretheren). This (rapid) pattern is highly unlikely to change & human nature ( slow & sceptical when leaving 'comfort zones') is, also, unlikely to change.

WE go through this w/ each 'new' illiteration. We can look ahead to the same scenario w/ Windows 9, 10....

That said, Win 7 is a VERY FINE piece of work... hands down better than any Windows predessor. No denying there are some things in each OS that take adjusting to them (or a lack of them) but, it happened either for us or our kids. As I've said before, there is lots that is amazing & VERY impressive in Windows 8... well, there will be. I remind y'all, the Developers Preview should not be seen as a finished product... there's a long way to go before that.Some 8 things, some will like, some won't, some may come to enjoy it, some will never know the difference. Many things in life & computing are subjective. What's felt to be god or bad, appealing or not, can & will vary... another OS coming down the road every 3 yrs is supposed to be a constant. So many things have changed, faded away been replaced, modified, 'new & improved' in a super short lifetime... kids that have no awareness of things only 15 yrs ago & it won't stop; maybe accellerate but, not stop. Probably all the same comments & editorials & feelings attached to each 'new' Windows OS won't stop either.

Drew

Well,I don't think that I will ever be able to figure out how to use Windows 8 with my limited experienced with computers. If an experienced computer user cannot use it, what chance have I got of being able to use Windows 8?

I am very upset that Windows 8 is going to be an alien operating system,not like Windows at all. True, I have never used Windows 8 but I have seen it on the web and in the videos, and from what I have seen of it. There is nothing positive about Windows 8. And I will do everything I can to avoid using it. And I hate Windows 8 and I want to stay with Windows 7 for the next 20 or 50 years if I live that long.

But if Microsoft gets their way and I don't know if they are planning to stop making Windows 7,or not.And then when we have to buy a new laptop, we will be forced to buy Windows 8. If that happens what will we Windows users do then?

I think we should have street marches and street protests against Windows 8 and my friend thinks we should write to our President or Prime Minister to complain about Windows 8. Then maybe our governments will ban Windows 8 and we can stay with Windows 7. And they will not bring out Windows 8 laptops.

Then I and other Windows users won't have to worry about Windows 8 any more.Because it won't be on the market and we will just have Windows 7 and even Windows XP.And we will never be stuck with the horrible,horrible Windows 8. Andrea Borman.

Ok, enough, already!! I have acutually used Windows 8 Developer Preview, 1st hand. This a better frame of reference & more accurately enlightening experience than hearing articles, some that may have bais or lack open-mindedness or are (again) on the it's-hip-to-bash- Microsoft-products bandwagon or YouTube videos. I, also, have looked solidly, as an IT Tech/Consultant & Beta-Tester @ the Feattures & Specs & Hardware requiements of Windows 8, in it's present infant form & what is predicted to come. So far it is extremely interesting & impressive. As for the "Tiles" & Metro Apps & 'Touch', that's all pretty much, optional... Click on Desktop to instantly have a conventional desktop... As for no Start Menu... personally, I hardly use the one I have not but, aside from that... it's just & only the Developers Preview, so far... this is not necessarily exactly what the GA will be, by any means... so right now, let's not judge too, hastily or completely OR irrationally & prematurally jump to conclusions OR be arbitrarily 100% negative.

Drew

PS: This part is meant as comedy, right? God, I hope so :what_smile:

I think we should have street marches and street protests against Windows 8 and my friend thinks we should write to our President or Prime Minister to complain about Windows 8. Then maybe our governments will ban Windows 8 and we can stay with Windows 7. And they will not bring out Windows 8 laptops.

Last edited:
ANDREA. I think you are alarming yourself over very little - or nothing!
!.Get a windows 7 installation DVD, if that is the way you want to go. There are extensive tutorials (too many) on the wbw, as to how to install witjhout using a DVD drive, but, it will be the easiest and cheapest solution to your3 worries.
2. There is absolutely no way that Microsoft will be able to prevent you from a clean installation of any alternative you choose, unless they build the computer in question, with a specially programmed bios.
3. The good news. If you should choose, with your then, worn out computers, to move on. Windows 8 will, we understand have the alternative desktop as a configuration feature, no need for a hack, as we are using presently with the developer release. Using windows 8 will not be a learning experience, as was vista/7 from XP. It is, in nearly every aspect, identical in useage.

So relax and wear out your present computers!

Well from from I read, Microsoft are going to bring out Windows 8 with the Metro theme. So it looks like they are not going to change their mind.

Also another thing I don't like is, that it seems that you have to log in with a password on Windows 8. But on Windows XP,Vista and 7,you don't have to have a password if you do not want one.So I don't have a password. And I don't want to use an operating system where I have to have a password.

And what about the fact that on Windows 7 you can run most of the Windows XP and Vista software. I have got all of the Windows Vista software on my Windows 7,Windows Movie Maker 6 and 2.6,the Vista side bar,Windows Calendar and Windows Mail.

And then I have many web browsers that were made before Windows 7 came out, so they are for Windows XP,Advanced browser for example.And then I have got Windows Live Essentials for Windows XP and Windows Live Messenger for Windows XP, all working on Windows 7. And my newest addition to Windows 7 is the Windows XP Movie Maker 2.1 which is working on Windows 7 including the web cam. I transferred the Movie Maker 2.1 program files over from my Windows XP netbook to my Windows 7 netbook using Microsoft Shared View.

So much of the Windows XP and Vista software works on Windows 7. But will you be able to run all of your favourite Windows XP,Windows Vista and Windows 7 software on Windows 8? I don't think so, the way it is.

But then on Windows 8 you have got to get past the Metro theme and it seems from the videos that you cannot get rid of it. Windows 8 is also as ugly as hell. And it was not even working properly in the videos I saw.

But Windows 7 is new.It is only 2 years old. And all of my laptops are new any way,even the Windows XP ones. As I bought the Windows XP netbooks last June 2011 and I bought the Windows 7 netbooks in 2010. So why should we use Windows 8 anyway when we have got Windows 7? And Windows 7 has everything we want and more. Andrea Borman.

I, for one, have tried the Windows 8 BUILD Conference preview and the Windows 8 Technical Preview. For the end of life cycle issues, it should be important for many people to upgrade. It is unlikely that Windows 7 will stop being sold any time soon, and so businesses and home users that are still on Windows XP or Windows Vista will still have an opportunity to upgrade to that version. However, I also believe that Windows 8 has a lot to offer. My first conclusion with the later preview with the Metro UI functionality enabled was that Windows 8 was being designed for newer human interface devices like touch screen. Link Removed due to 404 Error will also offer the opportunity to move around in Windows with body motions. Anyone who has tried the XBox version of Kinect will understand how utterly useful this could be to many consumers.

The real question for Windows 8 will be whether or not the operating system will merit an upgrade from people who are already on Windows 7. Windows 8 looks to be an ambitious product, but if the feature set is once again more than the sum of its parts, there should be no reason for most people not to look into an upgrade when buying a new computer or assembling/ordering them for others.

But from what I read on the web,it said that Windows 8 may have a more secure system that blocks the installation of other operating systems. But the articles I read were referring to installing Linux on Windows 8.
This is a rumored change with a new feature called Secure Boot or Secure BIOS, at this stage present in the ARM version of Windows 8. Remember that ARM processors involve an entirely new instruction set and are most commonly associated with smart phones. Windows 8 will utilize UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) on these devices. I also think this is wrong. See here for more: Windows 8 ARM devices won't have the option to switch off Secure Boot | The Verge. To clarify, Microsoft is coming under intense pressure from software developers and consumer rights advocacy groups for locking ARM systems that use the operating system. It may be important to point out that this feature has been designed to prevent rootkits and unauthorized changes to the operating system start-up files. Although, it appears more likely that this feature will more widely prevent many advanced users from dual booting, as you point out. It is my hope that external pressure from their large customer base will convince Microsoft to develop the feature so people can install whatever OS they want. So, in this case, I agree with you.

think we should have street marches and street protests against Windows 8 and my friend thinks we should write to our President or Prime Minister to complain about Windows 8. Then maybe our governments will ban Windows 8 and we can stay with Windows 7. And they will not bring out Windows 8 laptops.

This is something I don't understand. Even though you may not want to benefit from new research and development, other people are going to want to. You shouldn't hold someone's feet to the fire just because you don't like the idea of a new operating system. I, for one, will need to look into it to keep up-to-date on my work, be able to understand the changes that are being made, and maybe benefit from some of the unreleased new features. I don't see anything wrong with that. If you are trying to argue that it is inferior to Windows 7, you cannot really do so until it comes out of development. Because changes and refinements are still being made, who knows how the new OS will pan out. For me, from a technical perspective, if Windows 8 offers even the slightest performance increase on newer hardware versus Windows 7, I will probably look forward to the release. The kind of performance enhancement that Windows 7 showed over Windows Vista is exactly the kind of thing that most technical experts look for when making a decision to upgrade. I do agree that Secure Boot is a major issue. As someone who buys, assembles, or admins computer(s), I want to make sure that I can use the hardware that Windows is on any way I like. Putting restrictions on the hardware just because you put Windows on it would be a mistake -- the software license is exactly that (it is not a hardware license). So to summarize:

I would advocate waiting to see how Windows 8 performs after it comes out of development.

I am also against Secure Boot, but I think we should see if it is changed. Giving customers more choices is a good idea, not bad. Taking away choices is just inexcusable.

I would be against "having street marches" against a computer operating system. If I don't like the product, I don't buy it.

We should look more into the upgradeability of operating systems as a long-term concern. More time should be spent on compatibility so people can skip Windows 8 if they don't want to buy it -- end of story. Giving customers more choices is a good idea, not bad.

Let me know what you think.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Mike I saw your videos on You Tube and even you were having trouble using Windows 8, and you are an experienced computer user. And I read your article on the Windows 8 forums and you admitted that Windows 8 sucks. It does. The biggest problem is the metro tiles and that Windows 8 has no start menu and does not have a Windows style 7 desktop.

So if an experienced computer user cannot use Windows 8, then I won't be able to use it. It is not user friendly at all based on the videos I saw.

But in England they have stopped selling Windows XP and Windows Vista laptops and you cannot even buy a Windows XP or Windows Vista CD.You can only buy Windows 7 and Windows 7 laptops,unless you buy second hand or reconditioned laptops.

So if they do the same thing when Windows 8 comes out, and they stop selling Windows 7,we will be forced to buy Windows 8. And a lot of home computer users are not going to know how to use Windows 8.And I won't be able to use it or be able to figure out how to use it either.The way it is, with the Metro theme.Unless they get rid of it, and make Windows 8 like Windows 7,with a start menu and normal desktop.

For someone who is a computer expert,having a computer with an operating system you do not want, like Windows 8 means nothing.As you can install any operating system over it,including Windows 7. But for someone like me,who has limited experience and I do not know how to install operating systems.Having a Windows 8 computer would be a problem. Andrea Borman.

Drew got a good point. You have to use Win8 before you can make a judgement. Like with Vista - most of the bashing came from people that had never used it. And with the Mojave project Microsoft made them look like fools.

I am playing around with Win8 since day1. This Alpha version is amazingly stable and runs most Win7 programs. The Metro is definitely not for the desktop, but as was said, you can easily go back to a more normal desktop.

I have, however, not yet discovered any desirable new function. But it is early days. This developer preview was probably put out to test the Metro and to give developers something to work with.

So bottom line: I am neutral right now waiting for the Beta. I expect though that the ARM support will open a whole new world for Windows and that alone will be exciting to watch.

Thanks...also, ppl, are, it seems, easily pulled into (negative) hype whether, they actually understand what is being said or why it's being said. Ppl got attached t XP cus it was around a long time, even has had an 'extended' life. As has oft been clarified, Vista got bashed cus the 3rd patry stuff wasn't on track in a timely fashion & when, consequently, things didn't work (when Vista 1st was released) ppl, wrongly, blamed the OS. Many ppl had no trouble w/ Vista. Windows 7 is better than Vista... lighter, faster & some cool features. And, YES, Windows 7 will be around for a long time & will serve very well... there really is no obligation or reason to feel forced to move to Windows 8. The Developers Preview was specifically meant for Developers... to give them a peek @ the fact that they could, now, using Visio Studio & more, design their own Apps (for the OS & End Users) more quickly & easily than ever before.

Features... it's still fundamentally a Windows OS so will have a familiar 'look & feel'. IE10, coming w/ Win8, also, has some nice functionality. More, we'll see what we get, anon BUT, where Win8 shines is under the covers & in technical ways. Super fast (even better specs than 7) & will run on a wide variety of devices, even old gear, not resource/hardware demanding & expect things that ran on 7 to be fine on 8.

Once Microsoft asks me (& others) to start testing & evaluating the Win8 Betas (agreed) then, we'll be in a better position to discuss this next OS that is on the horizon.

Cheers,
Drew

Drew got a good point. You have to use Win8 before you can make a judgement. Like with Vista - most of the bashing came from people that had never used it. And with the Mojave project Microsoft made them look like fools.

I am playing around with Win8 since day1. This Alpha version is amazingly stable and runs most Win7 programs. The Metro is definitely not for the desktop, but as was said, you can easily go back to a more normal desktop.

I have, however, not yet discovered any desirable new function. But it is early days. This developer preview was probably put out to test the Metro and to give developers something to work with.

So bottom line: I am neutral right now waiting for the Beta. I expect though that the ARM support will open a whole new world for Windows and that alone will be exciting to watch.

Well the good thing about Windows 7 is that it is very similar to Windows XP in a lot of ways. except that Windows 7 and Windows Vista both have the Aero theme. Aero means transparent theme but Windows XP does not have the Aero theme.You also have the Windows Classic theme on Windows 7,Vista and XP making your desktop look like Windows 2000. And Windows Classic theme turns off the Aero transparent theme in Windows Vista and 7.

But the theme is only the look. On Windows Vista and 7,if or not, you choose to turn off the Aero theme, either way you still have a start menu and Windows desktop.That works as it always has had in previous versions of Windows.

But on Windows 8 you don't have a start menu or a normal Windows desktop. Just that ugly, horrible, and confusing Metro theme. As for the ribbon in Windows Explorer on Windows 8,that is just a toolbar. But that does not change the way Windows Explorer works.Or does it on Windows 8? But because on Windows 8 there is no start menu, or from what start menu I saw in the videos.If you click on a start menu item, it just opens all of the Metro tiles, and there is no way even to find the settings. How can you use Windows 8 if you cannot find the settings? The answer is,you can't.

I am writing this post on Windows XP and I have windows 7 and Windows XP netbooks. Both Windows 7 and Windows XP are fast,with Windows XP being slightly faster. And Windows XP is so modern and runs all of the latest software like Windows 7 does. And you would think that Windows XP was a brand new operating system just made 2 months ago,not 10 years ago. And Windows 7 is a lot like Windows XP, and will run most Windows XP and Vista software and even software for Windows 2000,98,95, and NT.

Windows Vista,well,that seems to be a bit slower,but still at least you have got a start menu and normal desktop. I would take Windows Vista any day over Windows 8.

I have never installed Windows 8. But if I did,I am sure it would wreck my computer. As well as the fact that I would not be able to use it.

And if Windows 8 goes out on sale, and they stop selling Windows 7. And then we are forced to buy Windows 8. Windows users will be stuck with an operating system that they cannot figure out how to use.

So will Windows 8 be the operating system that nobody can use? Yes it will be.

So you are better off staying with Windows 7,Windows XP or whatever version of Windows you have got. And forget Windows 8. Because the only outcome will be that you won't be able to use it.

Windows users should stock up on Windows 7 and Windows XP computers now.To avoid being stuck with the dreaded Windows 8. That is what I am going to do,stock up on Windows 7 computers now. Andrea Borman.

Maybe you should take the time and perhaps visit our Windows 8 forum at Windows 8 Forums and open your mind and attempt to learn some more before condemning and Operating System that is not even out in Beta yet.
Many are already finding Windows 8 easy to use and quite capable of running on older hardware and supporting many, many older applications.
You certainly have a right to your opinion and nobody, least of all me, would want to drag you kicking and screaming into the 21st century and what will likely be an interesting process to see the Windows Desktop extended to other devices including Tablets/Slate devices as well as other ultra-portable / mobile systems that include ARM and other SoC type devices including the Windows 8 Phone.
Your position / desire to remain behind using Windows XP and Windows 7 is yours to make. But please understand that most of the rest of us actually enjoy seeing the future develop right in front of our eyes and actually prefer to embrace it rather than reject it.
Regards
Randy

I wish I had selected the MAC before I invested all this time and money in windows and windows machines. DRAT!

Agreed, but at my age (Old Dog New Tricks) it's a bit late for me.
And being poor pretty much limits my options.
Save yourself, if it's not already too late.;)

Back