Windows 7 Widescreen player issue

xdrew

Any video I play will not play in wide screen anymore. Ever sence I upgraded to windows 7 it's been like that. I know I said this before..please forgive me. but there has to be a solution to this. Please any help?
I have an acer monitor H213H
and my video card is an ATI Radron 4830. I have the updated driver for it.
I just don't understand why my videos wont go wide screen anymore. My resolution is at the highest.
1920x1080 Please help..

Hi xdrew,
what does it say under desktop properties in the CCC? Any chance you could take a screenshot?
Also which driver are you using?

Check the screenie and the box highlighted.. See if unchecking the box makes any difference...

Hi xdrew,
what does it say under desktop properties in the CCC? Any chance you could take a screenshot?
Also which driver are you using?

Check the screenie and the box highlighted.. See if unchecking the box makes any difference...

The new driver. suite 9.10 Pretty sure thats it.

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Where do you go for monitor properties? I can't find it. Can you show me step by step?

Check the screenshot... You have to click on the little black triangle or right-click on the tv and choose configure..
Also what are you using to play your video's?

Check the screenshot... You have to click on the little black triangle or right-click on the tv and choose configure..

I've done the configur.e this is what it shows me. It doesnt show me anything that says on yours. Unless you can guess what I should do from there?

I'm using the same media players I use before.
Media player classic. and VLC

Wait I think I know..well not to sure. gioing to ask you. on the image scaling. It's not visable, I don't know why. and theres a dot on where it says "scale image to full panel size"
Shouldnt I put it to where it says maintain aspect ratio? I don't know how to edit that because its not visible.

It's because mines not DVI like yours...

Have you tried changing any settings in the media player? also give the player I mentioned a try..

Another thing you could try is to un-install the graphics driver and then re-install a fresh version... The other may have got corrupted somehow?

Last edited:
It's because mines not DVI like yours...

Have you tried changing any settings in the media player? also give the player I mentioned a try..

Yeah I tried. I go to aspect ratio and tried all the settings. 16:9 should be widescreen. but it shows it's already on 16:9
but it's full screen. Like I think its locked and wont go wide screen?

I might want to test this out. but I can't check the boc on this picture. How do you Enable GPU scaling?

Not sure to be honest... I'd try re-installing the driver like I suggested but make sure you've un-installed the original first..or try these 9.11 betas... I've been using them for a while and they are much better than 9.10..

Catylst 9.11 V2 Beta4 - Guru3D.com Forums

I'm sorry I don't know how.. That's why I included the guide... or you could try googling gpu scaling?

I found this posted in the AMD forum about GPU scaling...

It's come to my attention that some people think GPU scaling is broken as it is grayed out. Well its not broken, it just doesn't enable unless you are using a lower than native resolution. So change your desktop to a lower res and then you can alter the setting as much as you like. After that you can put your monitor back to native res.

Hope that helps...

http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=279&threadid=115903&enterthread=y

Last edited:
Back