Windows 8 WiFi Option Completely Gone

robbie9

My PC randomly lost all abilities to connect through WiFi a couple weeks ago. Only option it gave me to connect to the internet was through an ethernet cable (which isn't feasible). I couldn't figure out how to fix it, so I put my files on an external hard drive and reset the PC to factory settings. Everything was fine again until yesterday and it lost WiFi again. So I reset it again and now this time, the PC started new with no WiFi option. So I then turned it off and turned off the power button on my power supply and let it sit for the night. Today, I reset it and again, right when it was ready to be used after the reset, there was no WiFi option again.

The WiFi doesn't show in any of my settings, as shown in the pictures I attached.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_0702 (1).jpg
    IMG_0702 (1).jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 139
  • IMG_0705 (1).jpg
    IMG_0705 (1).jpg
    418.9 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_0706 (1).jpg
    IMG_0706 (1).jpg
    832.5 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_0707 (1).jpg
    IMG_0707 (1).jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 132
Could be a hardware problem. Right click on window flag in bottom left. Click on device manager and see if it there. If so click on properties and see if it shows working. If not working you can try uninstalling and then click action at the top and scan for hardware changes. If missing try just clicking scan for hardware changes.
If neither of these works more then likely a hardware problem. You could try a USB Wi-Fi device to see if that solves the problem. If you have some one you could borrow one from or buy one from a retailer that allows returns if not the problem.

Could be a hardware problem. Right click on window flag in bottom left. Click on device manager and see if it there. If so click on properties and see if it shows working. If not working you can try uninstalling and then click action at the top and scan for hardware changes. If missing try just clicking scan for hardware changes.
If neither of these works more then likely a hardware problem. You could try a USB Wi-Fi device to see if that solves the problem. If you have some one you could borrow one from or buy one from a retailer that allows returns if not the problem.
Thank you. There's nothing for WiFi in my device manager. I scanned everything for hardware changes and nothing changed. I do have a PCI WiFi card that connects to my motherboard. It's almost 10 years old. Perhaps that is crapping out. I'll buy a USB WiFi adapter and see how that goes. Thanks

If you have not tried make sure that the PCI card did not come loose if it did this could be your problem, or not loose try reseating it in the slot.

Back