Windows 7 Win 7 freezes at startup (32bit)

baMbi

So I installed Win 7 Ultimate 32-bit version about 2 months ago. In the beginning it worked just fine. But after a while it started to freeze during startup at win7 logo. I have to shut it down manually and after I turn it on again it works fine. Recently when I turned pc on it started checking my hdd and after that it would startup. I haven't had any BSOD at all. Today I noticed that my antivirus software AVG free won't start. So I tried to start it manually but it shows error
"C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG10\avgui.exe
The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail."
The reason I switched to Win 7 is that when I had xp I used to get a lot of BSOD because of the graphic card drivers. I wasn't able to install them correctly.

PC config

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 3200+ 2.21GHz
Motherboard: DFI LanParty UT, nF3 250Gb
RAM: RAM PC-3200 G.SKILL, DDR 400MHz
Graphic card: AGP Sapphire ATI Radeon 3850 HD, 512MB

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

Very often it has been seen that some bad sectors start developing on the hard disk. The moment you intend to access the information stored in these bad sectors, the system will hang. So, to come to an amicable solution, you need to keep your hard disk in good working condition by formatting, defragmenting and running system scans on a regular basis.

Back