Windows 7 Win 7 HomeBasic 64 installation

farhadidrees

Recently i bought Delln5010 laptop with win7.
but i did mistake after format drive c because win7 was already installed on that drive.
but i have key but dont have cd so i bought local cd.sofar i have purchased 3 local cds but i have same problem during installation of Home basic 64 bit window...
Error is windows cant install required files may be files are missing or corrupt something like that...
now kindly help me some one.. :(

i would suggest trying using a bootable 4gb+ usb pendrive and copying the dvd to it (Should be around 3gb) then run the installer from that, I often find when repairing peoples laptops that the dvd drives are often quite poor grade.

Thanks dear for reply...i did it already but windows is not going to to usb drive directly...
how to make bootable usb and what is pendrive?

ok a pendrive is just another name for a USB memory stick, personally I use this guide which is used via the command prompt found in start/ accessories

http://www.intowindows.com/bootable-usb/

take great care as doing this wrong could wipe a hard drive on the host machine, once it's been done you often need to select in the PC's bios to enable boot for USB, some models will have this set automatically if it detects one plugged in, other models will not and will require editing of the bootup options or have a special F-key to perform the option.

Last edited:
Back