win 8 doesnt install tried everything

Hi i have ACER ASPIRE v5-431 laptop.

i have installed Win 7, ubuntu, xp, vista.

But when i try to install Windows 8, it just doesnt install.
it gives me following error :

i Tried everything.
i performed a Clean install {deleted all partitions & installed on a new partition}
i even used ACER just UPGRADE ASSISTANT.

But still all in vain

The OS doesnt install.

i tried freaking 15 times just trying to install that OS but still it just doesnt install.

Can anyone pls help me out how can i install this OS ?

davehc

Essential Member
Premium Supporter
I may have an answer. This fault applies to several different models. I am, at this moment, working on a solution and should have a yea or nay by the end of the day. I have a high performance laptop which is doing the same thing and I cannot afford to junk it, and don't particularly wish to leave it with windows 7 as the end product! OK. Later. I tried transferring an image from one laptop to another - total failure.

Last edited by a moderator:

Saltgrass

Excellent Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
I suppose you have seen this link?

Manually Upgrade

Since I don't have that laptop, if it were to be using a mSATA drive, those usually requiring turning off the Intel Rapid Start utility.

I have seen that message involved with trying to reboot the system with another version of the OS. How are you installing, a Burned DVD or a Flash Drive?

Do you know if UEFI is involved?

The screen shows an error of IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL..

Bug Check 0xA: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (Windows Debuggers)

If you encounter bug check 0xA while upgrading to a later version of Windows, this error might be caused by a device driver, a system service, a virus scanner, or a backup tool that is incompatible with the new version.
The link to Acer references some drivers that need to be updated...maybe it is related. Maybe a Bios situation.

THANK U EVERYONE.

i Finally managed to install Win 8 on my Laptop.
i Still dont know what the error was or how the error was created.

i Ran the Setup in wiNdows 7 of windows 8.
Then it asked to keep Everything or nothing, i selected Everything.
& then the process went smoothly.

& finally i have Win 8 running without any error.
i also installed all the drivers of Win8

i Dint require any tool whatsoever to do this.

But i still dont understand few things
After instAlling , when i try to install it once again from BIOS on a new drive it once again gives me the same error.
What is it that is causing this problems, still.
That it can only be fixed by UPGRADING & not by ClEAN install ???

PLS Guyz shed some liGht & help

davehc

Essential Member
Premium Supporter
Thanks for the feedback, dharmil007. Unfortunately, that didn't work for me, but my laptop is an HP. I would suggest that you immediately make an image, with Macrium or Paragon, so you do not have to go through the stress again.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.