Windows 8 win 8 doesnt install tried everything

dharmil007

Hi i have ACER ASPIRE v5-431 laptop.

i have installed Win 7, ubuntu, xp, vista.

But when i try to install Windows 8, it just doesnt install.
it gives me following error :

4t7rxe.jpg

i Tried everything.
i performed a Clean install {deleted all partitions & installed on a new partition}
i even used ACER just UPGRADE ASSISTANT.

But still all in vain

The OS doesnt install.

i tried freaking 15 times just trying to install that OS but still it just doesnt install.

Can anyone pls help me out how can i install this OS ?

I may have an answer. This fault applies to several different models. I am, at this moment, working on a solution and should have a yea or nay by the end of the day. I have a high performance laptop which is doing the same thing and I cannot afford to junk it, and don't particularly wish to leave it with windows 7 as the end product! OK. Later. I tried transferring an image from one laptop to another - total failure.

Last edited by a moderator:
I suppose you have seen this link?

Manually Upgrade

Since I don't have that laptop, if it were to be using a mSATA drive, those usually requiring turning off the Intel Rapid Start utility.

I have seen that message involved with trying to reboot the system with another version of the OS. How are you installing, a Burned DVD or a Flash Drive?

Do you know if UEFI is involved?

The screen shows an error of IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL..

Bug Check 0xA: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (Windows Debuggers)

If you encounter bug check 0xA while upgrading to a later version of Windows, this error might be caused by a device driver, a system service, a virus scanner, or a backup tool that is incompatible with the new version.

The link to Acer references some drivers that need to be updated...maybe it is related. Maybe a Bios situation.

THANK U EVERYONE.

i Finally managed to install Win 8 on my Laptop.
i Still dont know what the error was or how the error was created.

i Ran the Setup in wiNdows 7 of windows 8.
Then it asked to keep Everything or nothing, i selected Everything.
& then the process went smoothly.

& finally i have Win 8 running without any error.
i also installed all the drivers of Win8

i Dint require any tool whatsoever to do this.

But i still dont understand few things
After instAlling , when i try to install it once again from BIOS on a new drive it once again gives me the same error.
What is it that is causing this problems, still.
That it can only be fixed by UPGRADING & not by ClEAN install ???

PLS Guyz shed some liGht & help

Thanks for the feedback, dharmil007. Unfortunately, that didn't work for me, but my laptop is an HP. I would suggest that you immediately make an image, with Macrium or Paragon, so you do not have to go through the stress again.

Back