Windows 7 Win7 64 Bit Repetitive BSODs

HaydenShnell

I have searched through many posts and attempted many things to solve this issue for months now, to no avail. This only occurs when playing games.

Most of the time, I get a 0x0000001e error message with no additional information. About 5% of the time, like my last one, I get a 0x0000001a MEMORY_MANAGEMENT. I just recently replaced my RAM despite each stick passing multiple MemTests. The issue still occurs. All drivers are up to date, have been reinstalled. I have even done diagnostic boots canceling all services and start-up applications that are not of Microsoft. Still receive BSODs.

Processor: AMD Athalon 64 X2 Dual Core 6400+ 3.22 GHz
Memory: 4 GB Corsair DDR2
Graphics: nVidia GeForce 8800 GT
Sound: CMedia CM6501 Like Sound Device
HDs: WDC WD25 00JS-22MHB0 SCSI Disk Device
WDC WD50 00AAKS-00A7B SCSI Disk Device
Keyboard/Mouse: Logitech G11 Series
Firewall: Windows Firewall
Antivirus: AVG Internet Security

Any assistance would be appreciated. I can even easily reproduce the 1e errors at will with 1 game that I play if you want a fresh memory dump from that issue.

I have attempted to upload my memory dump file, but even after being zipped, it is still 63.7 MB. If there is another method I can deliver it or reduce its size please let me know.

Hi.

1) AVG is notorious. First, remove it in safe mode with the tool here:

AVG Worldwide - Download tools

Reboot and install MSE to replace it.

2) Upload your crash dumps and I'll have a look at anything else needing attention. Google for how to set Windows to produce small memory dumps. Set it like that. And then:

C:\Windows\Minidump

Copy the files in there to any other folder then zip them. Attach the zip to a post.

1) Definitely do the AVG removal as shown above and replace with MSE.

2) Update your PowerISO:

SCDEmu SCDEmu.SYS Sun Nov 08 22:27:29 2009

PowerISO - Create, Edit, Compress, Encrypt, Split, Mount, Extract ISO file, ISO/BIN converter, Virtual Drive

3) Install my attachment to update this very old ATK0110 driver:

ASACPI ASACPI.sys Mon Oct 30 22:09:12 2006

4) Update both your keyboard and mouse drivers from Logitech. These drivers are ancient:

LMouFilt LMouFilt.Sys Wed Apr 11 19:28:40 2007
LHidFilt LHidFilt.Sys Wed Apr 11 19:28:36 2007
LUsbFilt.Sys Wed Apr 11 19:28:42 2007

Support + Downloads

5) Update your very old C-Media audio driver from the motherboard manufacturer's site:

c6501 c6501.sys Wed Feb 07 05:18:04 2007

6) Update the video card driver:

nvlddmkm nvlddmkm.sys Fri Jul 09 17:15:58 2010

Link Removed - Invalid URL

7) Update your NVIDIA nForce chipset drivers. They are ancient and known problems on Windows 7:

nvm62x64 nvm62x64.sys Fri Oct 17 17:01:06 2008
nvstor64 nvstor64.sys Mon Jul 02 20:35:58 2007

Download the nForce package at the link in step 6 too. If you can't find the one applicable for your motherboard, then visit the motherboard site for it instead.

These must get updated no matter what, so let me know which motherboard you have if you can't find success with this.

8) Enjoy. :)

Attachments

• MB_WIN7_ATK.ZIP
    117.1 KB · Views: 211
Did everything you mentioned except #8. The game that used to guarantee a BSOD crash at about 8 minutes into it instead is now just hard crashing. Been working with them on that issue. Anything else you think I can do to help alleviate that issue? I will test the game a few more times tomorrow when i have a chance to see if it was just a one time occurrence.

It's probably the audio driver, even with an update, as it will still be very old.

Anyhow, if you have any further crash dumps, please post them.

If the game is crashing to desktop, then your psu could be insufficient or the RAM could be set unwell in the bios.

Download and run CPU-Z. Post a screen shot of the spd and memory tabs. I'll check on it.

-----------

And I doubt you performed #7 well. (I just have a feeling. It's very important.) - Check the device manager for the date of the NVIDIA network adapter driver. Tell me the date of it.

Last edited:
I agree about the sound card. I tested again today and got two BSOD's. Before the first my sound started mass looping, which it has done before. I went ahead and ordered a new sound card that is compatible with Win7 64 bit. Once I install it and test it I will update on whether it solved the issue.

After several tests with the new sound card my issue appears resolved. Since they stopped making driver updates for my previous sound card it could not function properly with Windows 7 and seemed to cause these events. Thank you for the help in resolving the issue.

Back