Windows 7 win7 64bit mouse button freeze and language bar disappears

digito

It happens after May or June.

buttons/wheel of my MS laser mouse 6000 are uesless. and the language bar icons disappears.
I can move the mouse cursor but mouse clicks are useless.

The only way I can do is press ctrl+esc, and press esc again. Then it goes normal. language bar appears and I can use my mouse again (for a while, and it happens again).

Does anyone have any clue on this? It drives my crazy. :(
I've updated the mouse driver and everything. And it still happens.

It seems happen after a massive windows update.

I appriciate if somebody could help me. thanks :(

Hi digito,
you say this happens after receiving windows updates? Have you checked for malware and the like?

Hi kermical,

I use spybot and check active threads in the task manager periodically. Nothing special found.
In May, I updates 20 something items by windows update. And the problem seems appears after that. (I'm not sure)

I thought it's adobe flash causes this problem because it disappears if I kill threads of firefox or plugin-container.exe
But after a period of time after I killed it, it happens again. So Flash is not the root cause.
(it does relief this problem for a while)

:(:(

Try running the system file checker..
Rightclick on cmd prompt and click 'run as admin'. Then type:

sfc /scannow

Press enter. The file checker will run through and hopefully fix any corruption it finds..

Try running the system file checker..
Rightclick on cmd prompt and click 'run as admin'. Then type:

sfc /scannow

Press enter. The file checker will run through and hopefully fix any corruption it finds..

Hi,

thanks. It's a little bit better but the problem is still there.
It seems the mouse "focus" is been locked by an active window.

when it happens to one of the firefox window, I can right click mouse to pop up the menu. I can left click to pull down the top menus.
But the mouse clicks are disabled/useless anywhere outside this firefox window, including other firefox window and the whole task bar.
when I just boot the computer up. the msn window appears. But the focus is still on the background desktop. I can right/left click icons on the desktop, but I can not close or active the msn window. Because the mouse control is locked and limited to the desktop window.

Consider that the mouse's wireless signal may be a victim of some outside interference by other wireless devices, phones, keyboard, wireless network adapters, etc. Try experimenting using different channels / frequencies to avoid potential conflicts or overlaps. Does the problem only present when you are using a browser? Can you use the old keyboard alt + tab to change the focus?

Trouble I believe you found the problem. It has been a while back that I was having the same trouble with my wireless mouse. I was picking up truck drivers on their CB's. I finally got the problem fixed by replacing my mouse and keyboard with a different one. My wireless unit was a Microsoft 2000. I now use logitech and have had no problems since. digito you might want to try a different mouse and keyboard to see if that is the problem.

[MENTION=27628]Sonny[/MENTION]
Thanks, here's a link to an article that was produced back in 2006, just to give anyone who may be interested an idea of what might be happening with their 2.4ghz devices and the potential for interference. Link Removed - Invalid URL
If you're an old CB guy, then you know that there is more to the issue than just grabbing a quite space on the spectrum with no noise. You know that anybody who has beefed up his device (transmitter wattage) and tweaked his antenna, can not only walk all over anyone else on the same channel, but can bleed over onto adjacent channels as well. The same thing can apply at your desk at home, your cordless phone can frequency hop, because that's what some of them do continuously. One of your device might have a little more power, or a little better antenna and as a consequence may generate noise that other less powerful devices or more poorly anttenuated devices cannot overcome.

I have seen many beefed up CB's on the road. Like you said, they will walk all over you. I have also seen some beefed up base stations and what they could do was almost unbelievable.

Last edited:
My brother has a CB base setup here. Let's just say that when he keys up, I can not use my wireless mouse in any way at all and I hear it clear as day through my Sony 1970's power amp. lol

Hi,

I use wired laser mouse 8000. And it happens even if I press F8 and enter to system repair mode.
A really weird problem.

Sorry we went off on a bit of a tangent. Your OP stated a Microsoft Laser 6000 and when I googled it, it kept coming back as wireless. Now I see that there is a wired version also, but your most recent post mentions a Laser 8000?
You might try removing the existing software and then installing the latest version from here Link Removed due to 404 Error
Making sure you select accurately from the four options.
Also you might want to make sure that you're plugging the mouse into one of the USB ports on the computer and avoiding if at all possible any USB hub also try swapping USB ports to see if the behavior changes at all.

Back