Windows 7 Win7 can't open folders

Takeonn

Hello everyone, I've been using these fourms for a few years sense I built my computer. I was having hardware issues and you guys helped me fix my computer before, I think I have a more serious problem than I had before. I'll try to keep this as short as I can, I've had a lot of computers over the years not to say I'm that savvy but I know what I'm doing somewhat, I've delt with most of any computer problems you could think of but i think this is beyond google instructions. It started I'd say about a week ago my explorer kept crashing when I opened any folders, I was searching for a solution for a while but I could just browse using programs so I put up with it for a while. I formatted my computer about 4 days ago, and it wouldn't get through "completeing instalation" , I had to turn something on in bios it wasn't RAID but it was the other one I forget what it was also unplugg all USB and use devicemg to turn off the unknown devices that where freezing the instalation of windows, it installed and everything looked to be fine, finally formatted my computer and tried to open a folder and after all that I'm back at square one with the folders not opening. Explorer doesn't crash anymore but it freezes up and I need to restart explorer to do anything else. I can open the event viewer but I've only recently read about event viewer so idk how to use it. My wireless adapter requires drivers to work I got them on a flash drive but I can't acesses it so I'm writing this on my iPod i don't know what else I could say, I never flashed my mobo or anything yet, no hardware changes in years and all the computer parts are fairly new, I'm running windows 7 64bit, i tried sfc /scannow it failed at 11% chkdsk /f said it would scan once i restart but i dont see how this could help sense ive just formatted..thank you for the help

Hello everyone, I've been using these fourms for a few years sense I built my computer. I was having hardware issues and you guys helped me fix my computer before, I think I have a more serious problem than I had before. I'll try to keep this as short as I can, I've had a lot of computers over the years not to say I'm that savvy but I know what I'm doing somewhat, I've delt with most of any computer problems you could think of but i think this is beyond google instructions. It started I'd say about a week ago my explorer kept crashing when I opened any folders, I was searching for a solution for a while but I could just browse using programs so I put up with it for a while. I formatted my computer about 4 days ago, and it wouldn't get through "completeing instalation" , I had to turn something on in bios it wasn't RAID but it was the other one I forget what it was also unplugg all USB and use devicemg to turn off the unknown devices that where freezing the instalation of windows, it installed and everything looked to be fine, finally formatted my computer and tried to open a folder and after all that I'm back at square one with the folders not opening. Explorer doesn't crash anymore but it freezes up and I need to restart explorer to do anything else. I can open the event viewer but I've only recently read about event viewer so idk how to use it. My wireless adapter requires drivers to work I got them on a flash drive but I can't acesses it so I'm writing this on my iPod i don't know what else I could say, I never flashed my mobo or anything yet, no hardware changes in years and all the computer parts are fairly new, I'm running windows 7 64bit, i tried sfc /scannow it failed at 11% chkdsk /f said it would scan once i restart but i dont see how this could help sense ive just formatted..thank you for the help

Try to use complete formating (not that fast one) of your hardrive. It helped me in similar situations. Next thing you should do is trying another installation package of windows.

You might also look at some of the devices on your system. You say you have had no hardware changes in years, but everything is fairly new? Maybe something is going out, like the hard drive or possibly memory and corrupting your system.

The SFC not being able to finish is not a good sign. You can look at the CBS.log to see what might be going on with it. Check the following site and use the extraction command (findstr) to pull the SFC comments out of the log and attach after zipping.

How to use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on Windows Vista or on Windows 7

Back
Top Bottom