Windows 7 Win7 Reboot after shutdown, hangs on sleep.

RPerlot

A couple days ago, my computer hung after going into an idle induced sleep. It would not wake up. I had to power off. This problem continues.

Another symptom is it will not shutdown or hybernate. It starts back up again. Things I've already done:​
  1. Uninstall Roxio​
  2. Turn off Wakeup on Lan in both the bios and Device manager for all my NICs​
  3. Restore to earlier, known good configuration.​
  4. Set BIOS and Power options back to default.​
  5. Turn off Automatically Restart.​
  6. Update all drivers from manufacturers site and run an MS update.​
  7. Tried Shutdown -s from command line. Same restart occurred.​

Nothing seems to work. Computer is a Fujitsu Lifebook Series T.​

RPerlot

You may not have a hardware issue but the problem could be due to a Trojan horse on your computer. I've experienced this sort of thing myself and I've found that if I find a Trojan on my machine and get rid of it using a good anti-malware product, that my computer will begin to behave normally again and shut down properly. Many Trojans have built in features that allow the controller to disable the shut down of your computer and even old malware from a few years ago was able to mess with your computer settings or your monitor. Try scanning your computer with the trial version of Emisoft Anti-malware and see what it comes up with. Just getting malware off of your system can make a huge difference to its performance.

Hi Rperlot,

I also have a Fujitsu Lifebook T4410 and am struggling with the reboot after shutdown. Any luck in resolving it?

Thanks in advance. :confused:

A couple days ago, my computer hung after going into an idle induced sleep. It would not wake up. I had to power off. This problem continues.​

Another symptom is it will not shutdown or hybernate. It starts back up again. Things I've already done:
  1. Uninstall Roxio​
  2. Turn off Wakeup on Lan in both the bios and Device manager for all my NICs​
  3. Restore to earlier, known good configuration.​
  4. Set BIOS and Power options back to default.​
  5. Turn off Automatically Restart.​
  6. Update all drivers from manufacturers site and run an MS update.​
  7. Tried Shutdown -s from command line. Same restart occurred.​

Nothing seems to work. Computer is a Fujitsu Lifebook Series T.​

Hi Rperlot,

I also have a Fujitsu Lifebook T4410 and am struggling with the reboot after shutdown. Any luck in resolving it?

Thanks in advance. :confused:

Update all of your drivers from Fujitsu's site. This may or may not fix it because you can have another unrelated driver causing the issue. In this case, if you 've ever had any bsods, then you can go to that section of the forum and post the minidumps to look at for advice on drivers.

Still no luck. I've updated all drivers. Scanned registry and searched for malware. Microsoft has been no help at all. After failing to call on the appointed time three times, their tech said they'd send me a Win7 disk so I can walk through rebuilding my system. Then they promptly closed the service request and forgot about me. So I called back a month later. Again they promised to send the disk and closed my SR. It's been almost a month since then, and no disk.

This is very frustrating. How do you work with a laptop that can't hibernate when you leave it on battery?

Well in all fairness, it is an issue created by having an old, incompatible driver on the system from having installed software which shouldn't be.

Here's what you can do. Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers and then sort the contents by Date modified order. Take a screen shot using the snipping tool of all the drivers from before July 2009. Attach that screenshot to a post and I'll tell you what the issues are.

If you're using 64 bit, then do the same for C:\Windows\SysWow64\drivers in addition.

Sort the files in C:\Windows\System32 as well, by type. If there are any .sys files in there, include that information as well.

sys32driver.JPGsyswow.JPG I hope you can read this. In all fairness, if the solution is really that simple, MS could have resolved this 3 months ago. Instead, they keep saying they are sending me a disc, then they close my SR without going through this process?

It's not their responsibility nor problem when users load old drivers and old incompatible software. I don't see any problems there but you also didn't post the other info I asked for, where old drivers would likely be.

Back