drizz

Hi all, am getting a bit wound up so before i do something daft here's the problem.
I got my copy of win7 early, and so new toy-have to play :) well it has been installed 5 times so far, every time it does the same. After initially behaving it get's slow, especially if you try to goto the control panel, shows the spinny circle and just gives up (window becomes unusable) you can still open task manager and close it that way, so that's the first part, it has another party piece when you click either a desktop or task bar short cut it starts the process but not the gui - task manager shows process/app running- any ideas, theory, clues, much appreciated, feel free. ! last point now and again i get "server execution failed" i've spoken to ms tech and they were less than help full, lookin forward to some help
GG
just to say am now running ok, win7 seems very sensitive to drivers - more so than RC- not proven but Nod32 and vx 100 are main suspects, everything else i've got back in an goin well, cyber snipa mouse, belkin n52te, 360 controller, if i find out for definate i'll post back.

! Xonar drivers will run both 32 & 64 bit exe's, solve by finding and running this CmAux64 after running install audio but before restart. This was main culprit.

2 Witcher game has Tages security which although it got disabled, the system syill ran slow.

Last edited:
Solution
It seems like you've been experiencing some issues with your Windows 7 installation. Here are some possible solutions and explanations for the problems you've described: 1. System Slowing Down when accessing the Control Panel: - This could be due to various reasons, such as conflicting software, driver issues, or system resource constraints. - To troubleshoot this, you can try the following: - Check for any background processes consuming high CPU or memory usage. - Update your drivers, especially for essential components like graphics, chipset, and network adapters. - Run a malware scan to ensure your system is not infected. - Check for any recent software installations that might be causing conflicts. - Consider performing a...
It seems like you've been experiencing some issues with your Windows 7 installation. Here are some possible solutions and explanations for the problems you've described: 1. System Slowing Down when accessing the Control Panel: - This could be due to various reasons, such as conflicting software, driver issues, or system resource constraints. - To troubleshoot this, you can try the following: - Check for any background processes consuming high CPU or memory usage. - Update your drivers, especially for essential components like graphics, chipset, and network adapters. - Run a malware scan to ensure your system is not infected. - Check for any recent software installations that might be causing conflicts. - Consider performing a clean boot to identify if a third-party application is causing the slow down. 2. Taskbar/Desktop Shortcuts Not Launching Properly: - If the process is running in Task Manager but not displaying the GUI, it could be an issue with the graphics driver or the application itself. - To address this: - Update your graphics drivers to the latest version compatible with Windows 7. - Try running the application in compatibility mode. - Check for any Windows updates that may address compatibility issues. 3. "Server Execution Failed" Error: - This error can occur due to various reasons, such as corrupted system files or misconfigured services. - To troubleshoot: - Run a System File Checker scan by opening Command Prompt as Administrator and typing sfc /scannow. - Check if all necessary services are running correctly. - Perform a Windows Update to ensure your system is up to date with the latest patches. 4. Sensitive to Drivers: - It's known that certain hardware drivers can cause issues with system stability. - Update all your drivers to the latest versions available from the manufacturers' websites. - Consider temporarily disabling certain drivers to identify the culprit causing the slowdowns. 5. Xonar Drivers Issue: - It's great that you found a workaround for the Xonar driver issue. Running CmAux64 after installing the audio driver is a clever solution to ensure both 32-bit and 64-bit components are properly installed. 6. Witcher Game with Tages Security: - Even though Tages security was disabled, it's possible that remnants of it could still impact system performance. - Ensure that all traces of Tages security are completely removed from the system to avoid any lingering effects. By following these steps, you should be able to pinpoint the issues causing the problems you've encountered and hopefully resolve them successfully. If you need more specific guidance on any of these steps, feel free to ask!

Solution
Back