Windows 10 Windows 10 0xc00000e5 application unable to start correctly

theglobin

I'm trying to run an application called MySQL Workbench which has been working perfectly fine up until last week which now displays the error message below.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail and talking to the Microsoft support helpline I'm passed from department to department with no resolution.

I need this to do my uni coursework, I'm at my wit's end
099.gif

upload_2016-3-8_17-46-54.png

Hi

Try and uninstall it again.
When you reinstall, install the 32 bit version, and don't install it to the same location.

I can't tell you that this will work for sure, but often things will be left behind from old installs that interfere with new ones.

Installing it to a different location makes Windows not see it as the same installation.

And I've seen a number of people who say that they have had issues running the 64 bit version in Windows 10.

Check out this info relating to a fix involving replacing the .dll file.

Upgrading to Windows 10 breaks MySQL workbench?

Mike

Hi

Try and uninstall it again.
When you reinstall, install the 32 bit version, and don't install it to the same location.

I can't tell you that this will work for sure, but often things will be left behind from old installs that interfere with new ones.

Installing it to a different location makes Windows not see it as the same installation.

And I've seen a number of people who say that they have had issues running the 64 bit version in Windows 10.

Check out this info relating to a fix involving replacing the .dll file.

Mike

Thanks so much for this Mike, I though I'd already tried it but it works like a charm! I'm so relieved, it must've messed up when Windows updated recently.

Lucy

Hi

I'm glad to hear it worked.

I like the name Lucy, I have an animated character named Lucy.

I also had a Scottish Deerhound named Lucy.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom