Windows 10 Windows 10 build 10130 sound not working

JosiahPittman23

Hello! This ks my first post here and I recently upgraded to Windows 10 build 10130 from Windows 8.1 and noticed my pc wouldn't play sound unless headphones or a speaker was plugged in. Is it a build problem or am I just forgetting something? Any help?

It has built-in speakers, and was working perfectly fine on Windows XP, Vista, 7, and 8.1 without headphones.

Sent from Mr. Mobile Nations using a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5

Do you see the internal speakers available in the playback device list when you right click the speaker icon by the clock and select "Playback Devices", if so you might want to right click it and choose "Set as default".

It shows Speakers and headphones which both have a red x and says "Not plugged in".

It's possible that you may need an additional driver for your mainboard for the bus architecture that supports your internal speakers.
What does device manager look like with respect to audio inputs and outputs and Sound, video and game controllers, or perhaps "Other devices"?
Have you checked with your system or mainboard manufacturer to see if there is any additional drivers for audio devices or chipsets?

I checked in device manager and it has 6 listed which are "High Definition Audio Device", 4 more are "NVIDIA High Definition Audio", and the last one is "NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device". I have not checked system or mainboard manufacturer for audio devices or chipsets dtivers.

I've found a few thing's regarding sound in this build. With the same settings for my 5.1 speakers in Realtek's HD Audio Manager in both 8.1 & 10 set the same, 10 sounds a little bit louder. I've also noticed while listening to music in 10 with Windows Media Player, that the sound sometimes changes in how loud the sound is for a few seconds.
It appears to be a bug in the build itself.
Also, the Photos app crashes after a while while scanning my pc for pictures and if I click on restart it frequenly freezes.
So far, I don't really see 10 being fully usable when Microsoft releases it.

I have not checked system or mainboard manufacturer for audio devices or chipsets dtivers.
Sorry we're kinda stuck here.
It sounds a bit, from your description that you may have an older board, possibly with a VIA Chipset but without knowing the specs on your systems I'm just guessing at this point.
I would assume that your onboard audio chipset would drive the internal speakers although it's been awhile since I've actually worked on a computer with internal speakers.
Perhaps if you follow the info in the attached image we can chase it down a bit further.

Audio.JPG

1) My audio turning off at random. It seems when I disable my audio, and re enable it, it fixes it.. Until the next crash
2) If I plug headphones in, it's not recognizing them.

Hi

You may have to set Headset as the default in the Sound Control Panel.

I don't have any plugged in but I have to switch manually when I switch from my computer speakers to my TV and stereo tuner.

It doesn't do it on it's own even though it knows whether my TV is on or not.

Mike

No, even when I'm not touching anything, the laptops sound will just cut off, and I have to disable and re enable the driver to make it work again.. I've honestly never tried an operating system with so many issues before. My husband wants me to just revert back, but I am hoping MS have a fix

Back
Top Bottom