Windows 10 Windows 10 - can`t boot from USB...

Thank you friend for your reply. You have much knowledge and I admire that, but not all of the members here understand these things.
That link should help!;):)

@neemo: if you mean you that you format the SanDisk drive first, prior to the use of the MCT tool; been there, done that; no Bueno!:scratch:

BBJ

If it has LaunchPad it will show up as an emulated disc drive and as removable usb. Formatting them will not remove Launch Pad you need to remove it from the launchpad console.

>>>That's what I thought you were talking about, neemo. I couldn't remember the name of the SanDisk emulation program. I fooled around with it when they first came out with it years ago, and it provides things like password protection and encryption of your files on the Flash Drive. However, most of the new SanDisk Cruzer Glides and even some of their other model drives no longer have the U3 auto-loading when you first take the flash drive out of the retail packaging and install into your PC before you put any data onto them. And further, I've used both Windows utilities to pre-format the new flash drive such as DISK MANAGEMENT, and Linux Tools such as GParted Control from the UBCD disk on ISO-Linux. Those tools do a pretty complete job at removing the U3 Launchpad app that's on some of these flash drives, I know for a fact. This is because I've had to create DOS or Win98SE boot flash drives to flash BIOS on some older computers that require that. If the U3 is not properly erased, you cannot produce a clean DOS or Win98SE boot with which to run a DOS or command-line BIOS update command or script. That's a good thought anyway thanks for trying.:applaud::peace: Like I said, I spent 3 years fooling around with producing bootable USB sticks, and most of that I did with SanDisk. I'm sure you know how valuable these bootable OS sticks can be for repair situations, especially when you are onsite at a Client's and don't have your entire toolkit with you--I carry like 5 on my car keyring! :up: I had never heard of the compatibility issues for Win8x and Win10 bootable sticks on the SanDisk until holdum mentioned it in last week's post! [thanks again, Gary!!;)].<<< <<<BBJ>>>

Edit: I now have a new W10 bootable stick on the Verbatim that's sharing space with my other keyring bootable sticks (W7, Kubuntu, W10) that are all on SanDisk. ;) :up:

No... it just "ignores" the fact that I`ve changed the boot order in bios and got a USB in there and boots straight to Windows...

It's possible that your computer is using UEFI. You need to format your USB drive with GPT partition table. This could be done using either ISO2Disc or Rufus.

Hi everyone, your help and guidence is what i rally need now. After reading alot of the above post i still cannot resolve my issue so here goes

My friend upgraded her lenovo g550 laptop to the free windows10, after doing this she noticed how slow the laptop was and asked me to reset it (not back to windows 7) just via selecting reset pc in settings to see if that helped
During the reset, it displayed message advising with an issue resetting pc after it reached 66%
It gave many options but none made any difference and so it still would not reset so the only option was to select turn of pc, but after restarting pc it is now a black screen saying no operating system select control alt and delete to restart and when i do it shows that message again

I then downloaded the iso file and usb tool from microsoft on my own pc but when i open my usb tool and insert usb in my own pc it does not show my usb in the list so therefore i cannot transfer the iso file onto it.
I have tranferred the iso file via copy and paste to usb but when i try to boot up from usb on my friend pc, its just a black screen and nothing happens

How can i fix this issue, any help will be appreciated please

The iso needs to be unpacked on to the flash drive, if you have the Windows media creation tool, you don't need the iso the tool will download it and copy the data from the iso to the drive.

Ok so i have now started installing windows 10 via usb stick created in windows media tool, all went fine with the folliwing
_/ copying windows files
_/ getting ready for installation
_/ installing features
_/ installing updates
_/ getting started

The laptop restarted with windows 10 logo and message "getting devices ready" counting upto 100% then "getting ready"
and thats where its stopped
Its been stuck at getting ready for over 1hr now so i dont know what more i can do

Is the usb drive still in the port? If so remove it and hopefully windows will eventually settle.

Back