Windows 10 Windows 10 Insider Preview

I took the 'don't wait'. I'll have to hear about the WU

Install of 9860 is almost complete... :)

Yeah, yeah... that finished long ago :polite:

Cheers,
Drew
Windows 10OS.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, all finished.

Have to check time stamps. But, a few minutes.; less than an hour.. a 1/2, maybe.

Cheers,
Drew
Windows 10OS.jpg

OK, time out !!! I thought Microsoft wanted to check being able to "Push" the new builds...aren't we supposed to wait for it to do that?

As it turns out, I am VERY happy to say, YES we are. I did and that's damn sweet!! Whoooosh! And DONE. Love it :D

Cheers,
Drew
Windows 10OS.jpg

I suppose so and some people are very patient.... me not so much.
And in essence it still comes by way of Windows Update so all I did was sorta pull it instead of waiting for the push. :)

And it only showed in WU on Windows 10 machines. (I checked ;))

Cheers,
Drew
Windows 10OS.jpg

For those impatient guys- lol. I think I have just posted this in another thread somewhere. I have my preview builds downloads set to do it in the middle of the night. There is a very small problem. I dint have to wait for the download, when I opened this morning, but it invited me to reboot, which I did, It then carried on with the install, as is well posted on this forum.

There appears to be a difference in the Recovery configuration depending on if you allowed Windows Update to do the update or went through PC settings. In the RecoveryImage folder on C: you may have an install.esd instead of an install.wim. I will assume they are the same version, 9841.

I honestly cannot wait to download the preview, but alas I cannot until the end of December as I am currently deployed and only have my laptop which is just plain crap got it for 100 bucks haha. But overall I was fond of Windows 8 and 8.1 though I know there was much controversy over this OS it was still one of my favorites alongside Ubuntu.

Yes, Pat. What the hecks wrong there! I am in Windows 8.1 right now - same problem. It worked fine last year.

A little later. Since I rebooted it has changed on both OSs (Dual Boot)

Last edited:
I honestly cannot wait to download the preview, but alas I cannot until the end of December as I am currently deployed and only have my laptop which is just plain crap got it for 100 bucks haha. But overall I was fond of Windows 8 and 8.1 though I know there was much controversy over this OS it was still one of my favorites alongside Ubuntu.
Welcome to the forum Astroshark.. :)
Hope your staying safe wherever you are.. :)

I would agree there. To heck with the controversy. Bearing in mind current trends and requirements, the best OS yet from MS.

A casual enquiry - no panic (yet) from me.
Has anyone experienced a quite significant slowdown of the OS, since first install?

I have added nothing other than the very normal customisations, but have noticed an increasing drag on the startup time.

Not yet but I re-installed the new build after a gaming issue. This time though I first clean installed the iso 9841 then updated via WU. After one or two updates were applied I then upgraded to the latest build 9860. I then updated via WU again and then and only then applied my drivers as well as software/games. It's been running perfectly since apart from the Ccleaner thumbnail issue. I'll certainly watch for increased start up times but even with the old install buggy as it was it still started up pretty quick.

Back
Top Bottom