Insider Preview Windows 10 Insider Preview

Discussion in 'Windows 10 Help and Support' started by kemical, Sep 30, 2014.

1. kemical

kemical Windows Forum Admin
    Staff Member Premium Supporter Microsoft MVP

It will only reappear with each big update i should imagine but for now i can have a nice clean watermark free desktop... :)

2. Trouble

Trouble Noob Whisperer

Yes it is, albeit fairly awkward to get to. I managed to do it twice in two installs of Win 10 and I believe if you click the link to sign up for a Microsoft Account, on the next page you'll get the opportunity (another link) to select to use a local account.

3. Pauli

Pauli Extraordinary Member
    Premium Supporter

Well I don't give a piece of beep of what it's called. I will probably buy it, but the interesting fact is I drive a 1997 Ford Mondeo STW, its V6 engine works perfectly, but where is my Windows 95 or 98 or XP - they're dead. The lifetime is too short. You have to get and get and buy and buy, nonsense to me. One has to buy new OS every few years, why? The true avail? Why not build houses that only last for eighteen months? In order to build new houses?

Lunacy, I say. Build lasting.

4. strollin

strollin Senior Member

Nobody forces you to buy a new OS. Until recently I had a collection of vintage computers that only ran DOS. They worked fine and I was not forced to buy a new OS for them.

Of course if I wanted newer hardware and the ability to use features found only in newer OSes, then I upgraded.

5. Pauli

Premium Supporter

If you want to communicate on Internet, you are forced to buy a new OS. Older ones are not secure, and since they don't get updated, or have the capability to function in new environments safely, they are a hazard to everyone. Thus, there is a must.

Whoever forced you to buy a computer? But, factually, can you live without one today? It's very much forced today. And when that, comes the next. The big question is, who decides? I, you, Microsoft, scumbags?

A somewhat contrary comment, but it's always good to acknowledge the other side of the coin:

Lyrics: http://www.lyricsfreak.com/b/bob dylan/the times they are a changin_20021240.html

6. kemical

There'll be talk of villagers with pitchforks next... ;)

Pauli likes this.
  7. Trouble

Trouble Noob Whisperer

OH..... Goody.
    I do love when the villagers participate.

kemical likes this.
  8. Andrea Borman

Andrea Borman Honorable Member

I have just installed Windows 10 preview 32 bit today which I am duel booting alongside Windows 8.1 Enterprise. Which was a Beta version of Windows 8.1. I would say it's a lot like Windows 8 except that it now has it's own start menu and there is no more start screen. I never bough Windows 8.1 as I have already got Windows 8 and I still use Windows 7.

The good news is that all of my old Windows XP and Windows 7 software is working on 10. So what old software runs on 8 will run on 10. But I don't see the point in buying this if you have already got Windows 8. Yes I do use Windows 8 but most of the time I use Windows 7 as I am using now, since it is faster than Windows 8.

9. Trouble

Trouble Noob Whisperer

If...... as you have said you already have Windows 8, then.....
    Windows 8.1 is free and likewise it looks like Windows 10 will also be free as well. Time will tell but it is looking that way, so.....
    No need to "buy" either.

10. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Excellent Member
    Microsoft Community Contributor

Windows 10 has pretty much the same options. You just need to select the Create an Account option and then the Use Local Account options.

11. kemical

As the guy's point out above no need to purchase anything os wise as it's all free or will be at least to Windows 8 users and up. This is the last big operating system release by Microsoft hence the reason why it was called Windows 10. Microsoft deemed this release so big that it passed the Windows 9 name and called it 10 instead. After this release there will only be updates. There will be no more new operating system every 3yrs and instead Microsoft plans to use yearly updates.

There is also another good reason for trying windows 10. You can have a hand in shaping the evolution of the new os as Microsoft is specifically asking for feedback and lot's of it.

12. Pauli

Premium Supporter

Gah Mr. Bromley, lost your taste and style with the laundry? --- No offense.

13. skyfallsdown

looks so damn great to me

14. Drew

Drew Banned

Build 9860[/URL]

Cheers,
    Drew
    Windows 10OS.

15. Drew

Drew Banned

Installing :)

Cheers,
    Drew
    Windows 10OS.

16. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Excellent Member
    Microsoft Community Contributor

17. Trouble

Trouble Noob Whisperer

I suppose so and some people are very patient.... me not so much.
    And in essence it still comes by way of Windows Update so all I did was sorta pull it instead of waiting for the push. :)

kemical likes this.
  18. Sonny

Sonny Fantastic Member

Can't seem to find update. Tried it in Win 8.1.1 and Win 10. Is there a trick to finding the preview?
    Never mind got it.

#39 Sonny, Oct 21, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
  19. Trouble

Trouble Noob Whisperer

It is for Windows 10 Sonny and it should, if it works as advertised come by way of Windows Update.
    If you don't want to wait.....
    On your Windows 10 machine, go to PC Settings->Update andRecovery-> Preview Builds

Sonny likes this.