Windows 10 Windows 10 Insider Preview

It will only reappear with each big update i should imagine but for now i can have a nice clean watermark free desktop... :)

I've always installed Windows 8 whilst offline so as not to be compelled to log on to Windows using an email address. Is that still an option in the Windows 10 install?
Yes it is, albeit fairly awkward to get to. I managed to do it twice in two installs of Win 10 and I believe if you click the link to sign up for a Microsoft Account, on the next page you'll get the opportunity (another link) to select to use a local account.

Well I don't give a piece of beep of what it's called. I will probably buy it, but the interesting fact is I drive a 1997 Ford Mondeo STW, its V6 engine works perfectly, but where is my Windows 95 or 98 or XP - they're dead. The lifetime is too short. You have to get and get and buy and buy, nonsense to me. One has to buy new OS every few years, why? The true avail? Why not build houses that only last for eighteen months? In order to build new houses?

Lunacy, I say. Build lasting.

Nobody forces you to buy a new OS. Until recently I had a collection of vintage computers that only ran DOS. They worked fine and I was not forced to buy a new OS for them.

Of course if I wanted newer hardware and the ability to use features found only in newer OSes, then I upgraded.

If you want to communicate on Internet, you are forced to buy a new OS. Older ones are not secure, and since they don't get updated, or have the capability to function in new environments safely, they are a hazard to everyone. Thus, there is a must.

Whoever forced you to buy a computer? But, factually, can you live without one today? It's very much forced today. And when that, comes the next. The big question is, who decides? I, you, Microsoft, scumbags?

A somewhat contrary comment, but it's always good to acknowledge the other side of the coin:

Lyrics: http://www.lyricsfreak.com/b/bob dylan/the times they are a changin_20021240.html

I have just installed Windows 10 preview 32 bit today which I am duel booting alongside Windows 8.1 Enterprise. Which was a Beta version of Windows 8.1. I would say it's a lot like Windows 8 except that it now has it's own start menu and there is no more start screen. I never bough Windows 8.1 as I have already got Windows 8 and I still use Windows 7.

The good news is that all of my old Windows XP and Windows 7 software is working on 10. So what old software runs on 8 will run on 10. But I don't see the point in buying this if you have already got Windows 8. Yes I do use Windows 8 but most of the time I use Windows 7 as I am using now, since it is faster than Windows 8.

But I don't see the point in buying this if you have already got Windows 8.
If...... as you have said you already have Windows 8, then.....
Windows 8.1 is free and likewise it looks like Windows 10 will also be free as well. Time will tell but it is looking that way, so.....
No need to "buy" either.

I've always installed Windows 8 whilst offline so as not to be compelled to log on to Windows using an email address. Is that still an option in the Windows 10 install?
Windows 10 has pretty much the same options. You just need to select the Create an Account option and then the Use Local Account options.

I have just installed Windows 10 preview 32 bit today which I am duel booting alongside Windows 8.1 Enterprise. Which was a Beta version of Windows 8.1. I would say it's a lot like Windows 8 except that it now has it's own start menu and there is no more start screen. I never bough Windows 8.1 as I have already got Windows 8 and I still use Windows 7.

The good news is that all of my old Windows XP and Windows 7 software is working on 10. So what old software runs on 8 will run on 10. But I don't see the point in buying this if you have already got Windows 8. Yes I do use Windows 8 but most of the time I use Windows 7 as I am using now, since it is faster than Windows 8.

As the guy's point out above no need to purchase anything os wise as it's all free or will be at least to Windows 8 users and up. This is the last big operating system release by Microsoft hence the reason why it was called Windows 10. Microsoft deemed this release so big that it passed the Windows 9 name and called it 10 instead. After this release there will only be updates. There will be no more new operating system every 3yrs and instead Microsoft plans to use yearly updates.

There is also another good reason for trying windows 10. You can have a hand in shaping the evolution of the new os as Microsoft is specifically asking for feedback and lot's of it.

Gah Microsoft, pulling numbers out of their ass again

Also 10 seems to add features linux has had for eons now like virtual desktops.
Gah Mr. Bromley, lost your taste and style with the laundry? --- No offense.

Build 9860[/URL]

Cheers,
Drew
Windows 10OS.jpg

I suppose so and some people are very patient.... me not so much.
And in essence it still comes by way of Windows Update so all I did was sorta pull it instead of waiting for the push. :)

Can't seem to find update. Tried it in Win 8.1.1 and Win 10. Is there a trick to finding the preview?
Never mind got it.

Last edited:
It is for Windows 10 Sonny and it should, if it works as advertised come by way of Windows Update.
If you don't want to wait.....
On your Windows 10 machine, go to PC Settings->Update andRecovery-> Preview Builds

Back