Windows 10 Windows 10 Insider Preview

I have windows 10 technical preview on my PC. I recently bought a new laptop and tried to use the "Remove Everything and Reinstall Windows" setting. I am now looking at a blue screen that reads: "Automatic Repair couldn't repair your PC Press 'Advanced options' to try other options to repair your PC or 'Shut down' to turn off your PC. Log file: D:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt". The mouse is non-existent on the screen, and clicking "Tab" or the up, down, left, and right arrows, home, end, page up, page down buttons do not change the selection of the "Shut down" and "Advanced options" buttons. Pressing "enter" does not do anything either. I have tried pressing "f8" to launch safety mode, which did nothing; followed by "f10" and "shift" during the "Automatic Repair" screen, which did nothing at all. When I manually restart my computer, I'm brought back to the same "Automatic Repair couldn't repair your PC" screen. Please help, I'm fairly computer savey and am a developer in Java programs, also very knowledgeable in hardware. If I can't figure this out, then I really need help! Thank you, in advance.

Hi,
ideally you would be better off creating your own thread as these issues can sometimes stretch into some pages. You mention that you have windows 10 on a pc but is it also running on the laptop as well?

Can you also post some details about the laptop too as we'll be able to advise you better once we know what make and model it is as well as which os is running on it.

Hi,
ideally you would be better off creating your own thread as these issues can sometimes stretch into some pages. You mention that you have windows 10 on a pc but is it also running on the laptop as well?

Can you also post some details about the laptop too as we'll be able to advise you better once we know what make and model it is as well as which os is running on it.
Sure, thank you for the reply! The laptop is running windows 8.1(I didn't want to get into the windows 10 technical preview after this incident!) and the PC was running windows 7 before I downloaded the technical preview. The laptop has an Intel i7-5500u dual-core CPU, an NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 850m GPU, and 16 GB RAM.

Also, I will move my question into it's own thread as soon as possible, thank you!

I found a situation last week regarding Windows 10 and Windows 7, but that involves a system which has a UEFI bios... I don't suppose your Windows 7 machine is doing that?

Have you been able to pull the SrtTrail.txt out yet so we can see it.

How did you install Windows 10 in relation to the other OS?

It would be better to start a new thread... always a chance someone will have the same problem as you. But I am still having a little problem understanding which computer is having the problem...I assume the PC?

I found a situation last week regarding Windows 10 and Windows 7, but that involves a system which has a UEFI bios... I don't suppose your Windows 7 machine is doing that?

Have you been able to pull the SrtTrail.txt out yet so we can see it.

How did you install Windows 10 in relation to the other OS?

It would be better to start a new thread... always a chance someone will have the same problem as you. But I am still having a little problem understanding which computer is having the problem...I assume the PC?
Thank you for replying! Yes, it is the PC that is having the problem. Sorry for the confusion! I'll try to be more clear. I can not pull the SrtTrail.txt out because each time my PC boots, it brings me back to the same Automatic Repair screen.

new build.JPG

ref:
http://www.winbeta.org/news/windows-10-build-10130-being-tested-internally-rumored-have-1500-testers

Damn I may even try Build 10134 if the driver refinements are there..

I nearly missed 130. Just returned from a trip to one of our (very small) islands. No internet or telephone. I was going frantic but in the end managed to Bluetooth my mobile to a download - much to the annoyance of my family.

Installed now and looking ok. Windows explorer, on my test bed, seems to be a little over endowed with whitespace though.

Dell have finally come up with a working Bluetooth driver!

I hope they make an upgrade adviser for people to run before upgrading from Windows 7 and 8. Think about all of the old hardware and software that is loaded on those machines. Will it all work on windows 10? Then there are all those people who are clueless about making a restore image in case there is a problem. It should be interesting when the general public starts upgrading!
Joe

Tried build 10130 and rapidly went back to 8.1. It's getting close tho' and hopefully won't be too long before they release a version that works in the entirety.

New build leaked?

Windows 10 Build 10147 has been leaked onto the internet. PC Beta (via Microsoft-news) appears to the be the source of the leak of the preview build. There are no details as to what’s actually new in the build however. As we inch closer to RTM and the public release we are likely going to see less feature changes and more refinement and tuning up of Microsoft’s newest operating system.
Ref:
http://www.winbeta.org/news/windows-10-build-10147-has-leaked-internet

I will probably wait until tomorrow to see if a new public release comes out tomorrow.

But for now, does anyone know why 10135 was a WinMain build and 10147 is an fbl_impressive?

Back