Windows 10 Windows 10 install recover favourites from sys image?

SteveC4

Hi all,

First post in this forum. Long story short.... My easy upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 was not so easy. Had to do a clean install of Win 10 after system upgrade kept hanging at logon screen. Have now recovered everything except for Internet Explorer bookmarks. I do have old system image backups of Win 7 on backup drive. Is there some way I can access the Win 7 system image folders from within Win 10 to recover my IE bookmarks? Microsoft support told me that I had lost my browsing history and bookmarks when I did the install.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Figured it out..... Pretty basic stuff... duh. Never thought to simply check in /user/favorites folder. All my old bookmarks are still there. Going to copy the file back to my C:/ drive.
Now... I wonder why the Microsoft help desk couldn't tell me this rather than tell me the file was gone with the clean install :(( oh well.

And free Microsoft support for the Win10 upgrades is never going to be as good as paid support. Hopefully, that lack of answer was provided by Microsoft support for free, right??

<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Back
Top Bottom