Windows 10 Windows 10 v1809 Activation issues

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
A message has appeared on some users (mainly Pro apparently) desktops saying Windows needs activating. Microsoft have acknowledged the fault and will release a fix asap:
Hi,
There is an ongoing issue about Windows 10 suddenly shown as deactivated. The affected users need not to do anything as it is a known issue. Here is what was told by Microsoft Chat support:

Microsoft has just released an Emerging issue announcement about current activation issue related to Pro edition recently. This happens in Japan, Korea, American and many other countries.I am very sorry to inform you that there is a temporary issue with Microsoft's activation server at the moment and some customers might experience this issue where Windows is displayed as not activated.
Our engineers are working tirelessly to resolve this issue and it is expected to be corrected within one to two business days

Thanks to Vijay_Verma and Daniel for the information.

The thread would be updated when this resolves. Thank you for your patience.

Edit 1: Users report that Windows activation troubleshooter might say You have a Windows 10 Home license but you are running Windows 10 Pro. You are advised to ignore that message and wait for the fix.

Windows 10 suddenly deactivated

I managed to activate again but had to phone them. It's now stating activated but not with my usual digital license and my machine has disappeared from my device list on Microsoft. Was most odd as I installed Pro but it kept telling me it was home.

It appears Microsoft has fixed the fault. This issue can now be resolved properly by activating Windows using the Activation troubleshooter, found under Settings>Update & Security>Activation.

Back
Top Bottom