Windows 11 Windows 11 Home desktop changed.

djchapple

Extraordinary Member
My wife has an Acer laptop running an up-to-date version of Windows 11 which was installed via Windows Update

Initially the computer started up showing a wide range of stunning photos from all around the world.

She is not sure whether she has made some inadvertent change or what but now all she sees is a patterned blue screen.

She would like to revert to the original photo display.

Can this be done? So far I have not been able to find out how.

I have tried google searching but at the mention of photos it shows pages related to displaying your own photos

Hi everyone

Look at the desktop options and see if there is a theme listed in there. If you can't find one, you can make your own. Right-click on the desktop and select Personalize. You should see options for the desktop there.

Find photos you like and put them all in a folder if you can crop and size them all to match the resolution of your monitor.

Then you can select that folder to be a theme.
I have created a number of them over the years, I still have some from Windows 98 I think.
I created one with pictures of every car I've ever owned, and one that's all screen captures from Tomb Raider, both an old one from the nineties and a recent one.

It can be fun to make your own themes, you can put your own sounds in too. My Windows sounds are all spoken be a woman with a British accent.
For emptying the trash bin, she says, "Enough of this Trash" very indignantly.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom