Windows 7 Windows 7 and nVidia GeForce4 MX 4000 !

The Winner

Hi guys,

I've downloaded a BETA version of Windows 7, it's working well on my old computer, but I can't use my PCI nVidia GeForce4 MX 4000 64mb properly!
When I intall xp driver for this card, Windows 7 freeze itch time I open a 3d game or any 3d application!
And if I install vista driver, Windows 7 block it and says that it has a problem, and if I ask him to upgrade this driver, it take me back to the standard vga driver!

I've search in nvidia site for some new drivers or something, and I found that they ask any Windows 7 user to upgrade his nvidia drivers from Windows Update. So I run it, but it doesn't give me any updates for my nvidia!

Is there any body who's having the same problem here? Or it's just me?

Plz help if you have any ideas about that!

regs,
Winner

well first off, wow you still have a mx4000 that wasn't even supported in vista, but back to the point at hand xp drivers are not build anywhere close to what windows7 needs, that is why you see a lot here running around with vista drivers its because vista and 7 are so alike the drives can work between them with a glitch here and there if you want to have a chance of running that card some what nicely see if there is any vista drivers for it.

well first off, wow you still have a mx4000 that wasn't even supported in vista, but back to the point at hand xp drivers are not build anywhere close to what windows7 needs, that is why you see a lot here running around with vista drivers its because vista and 7 are so alike the drives can work between them with a glitch here and there if you want to have a chance of running that card some what nicely see if there is any vista drivers for it.
Guess you didn't read this line in my post : "And if I install vista driver, Windows 7 block it and says that it has a problem, and if I ask him to upgrade this driver, it take me back to the standard vga driver!"
Thanks anyway ..

my bad, I over looked that
then I would say try installing the drivers in safe mode with UAC off.
that would be my next guess

The nVidia GeForce4 MX 4000 only has 64 MB of memory. Windows 7 requires 128 MB video memory.

The nVidia GeForce4 MX 4000 only has 64 MB of memory. Windows 7 requires 128 MB video memory.

completely untrue, I own a GeForce MX 4000 128MB PCI model # 3dfr4000p. i am having the EXACT same problem.

However when "backing up" the vista drivers (which btw are MS made and are built into vista) using a driver backup application and installing into W7b, i get a really nasty message saying these drivers are NOT MS Signed drivers and i should really avoid installing them. sure enough, when installed they do work, though not as smooth as in vista. BUT no bluescreens.

my main gripe however is to nVidia for not making proper vista drivers for this card. it IS however 128 which should be fully able to produce AERO effects. here's my refrence materials in cast anybody wants it:cool:
Link Removed - Invalid URL

also The Winner, go ahead and email me if you want me to send these drivers to you. they may very well solve your problem as well.

Same Exact Problem!

Hi guys,

I've downloaded a BETA version of Windows 7, it's working well on my old computer, but I can't use my PCI nVidia GeForce4 MX 4000 64mb properly!
When I intall xp driver for this card, Windows 7 freeze itch time I open a 3d game or any 3d application!
And if I install vista driver, Windows 7 block it and says that it has a problem, and if I ask him to upgrade this driver, it take me back to the standard vga driver!

I've search in nvidia site for some new drivers or something, and I found that they ask any Windows 7 user to upgrade his nvidia drivers from Windows Update. So I run it, but it doesn't give me any updates for my nvidia!

Is there any body who's having the same problem here? Or it's just me?

Plz help if you have any ideas about that!

regs,
Winner

I am having the exact same problem. I have been trying numerous drivers on a bunch of sites, and I never get it to work. I am probably just going to upgrade my video card, but keep trying to look for a solution :)

I am having the exact same problem. I have been trying numerous drivers on a bunch of sites, and I never get it to work. I am probably just going to upgrade my video card, but keep trying to look for a solution :)

Don't bother trying. There isn't one, it's that simple lol. That card is far too old to run w7. I'm honestly surprised people could still use it in Vista lol. If you're running a machine that old why you putting a new OS on it anyway? lol Orrrr is it that its just for a test run. That is, your main comp is XP/Vista and this is some old piece of trash to use as a test drive? XD. I Run W7 64 fine. Only a couple issues, most can be fixed with a little tweaking. I'd honestly say if its the case of putting it on an older comp.. Partition your current main one and install :p. Thats what I did, and it still runs great, even being at the end of the hard drive lol. =D.

Driver nVIDIA Geforce 2, 3, 4 MX Windows 7

229162.jpg

Working 100% Me Driver :)

Driver.

Hy,

Sry Me Windows 7 Speak Hungarian.

Install: