Windows 7 Windows 7 Big Explorer Problem !!! Please help!!!

Sammytop

I have a really big big problem on my pc. Firstly it began when i was trying to restore my ipod touch and with iTunes it didn't work, so i've looked for other software to restore and i found one. But i had to install something called " libusb" but i have a 64 bit and it's only for 32; so i found a video on youtube how to install on 64 but there was some installation issues and then when i've restarted my computer my usb's didn't work . So i've maked a system restore in one of the "repair your computer on startup" features. After the system restore my usb worked fine and libusb was gone; but then i've couldn't open folders shortucts anymore and i can't open from the start menu for example: the computer tab or the control panel tab. it came with a message: explorer.exe This file does not have a program associated with it performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Defaylt Programs control panel.
i searched for so many forums and i didn't find anything, even rebooting computer i can't because i have a OEM Version of windows 7; MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Intel Core i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz, 4.0 GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series OEM

Sammytop:
Hello and welcome to the forums. Please try to open an elevated command prompt and the type sfc /scannow and see if that finds any problems

Sammytop:
Hello and welcome to the forums. Please try to open an elevated command prompt and the type sfc /scannow and see if that finds any problems

i've searched other forums and they said the same.
sorry but it didn't help me.

Sorry to hear that, that didn't help. The problem you are describing is usually due to registry corruption at HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.exe and HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile and is often the result of some type of virus or malware infection. Do you have the option to go back even further with a restore point. If not you will probably need to perform a repair install at minimum or possibly a clean install if all else fails. If you have the resources, to export those two keys from a known good install of your exact version of Windows 7, you could possibly import them into the problem install, but I'm guessing that there is probably other issues that even that, if it would work, would not be able to address.

also my microsoft.net framework is not working wel , when i'm installing a program who needs .net framework it tells me "Please set regitsry key HKLM\Software\Microsoft\.NETFramweork\InstallRoot to point to the .NET Framework install location" WHAT THE HEL DOES THAT MEAN?

Sorry to hear that, that didn't help. The problem you are describing is usually due to registry corruption at HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.exe and HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile and is often the result of some type of virus or malware infection. Do you have the option to go back even further with a restore point. If not you will probably need to perform a repair install at minimum or possibly a clean install if all else fails. If you have the resources, to export those two keys from a known good install of your exact version of Windows 7, you could possibly import them into the problem install, but I'm guessing that there is probably other issues that even that, if it would work, would not be able to address.

I have other problems too, my Microsoft .NET Framework is not working well on my startup it comes an error:
MOM.exe - .NET Framework Initialization error

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\mscorwks.dll could not be loaded

and when i'm trying to open a program who needs .net framework it says:

Please set regitsry key HKLM\Software\Microsoft\.NETFramweork\InstallRoot to point to the .NET Framework install location

Yes, as I mentioned in the quote above, I suspect that you have other more complex issues. And as I said above, you will probably have to perform a repair install. Or as I said above, failing that a brand new custome clean install. Sorry, but even if you fix one problem you are going to probably find more. Have you used a good antivirus program as well as some good antimalware programs

As far as I know, there is no difference in the install methods of and OEM (System Builders DVD) version and its' respective retail counterpart. If you're talking about some type of Compaq, Dell, HP, Gateway restore and or recovery CD/DVDs then the method you use should have come with your system documentation and or would probably be available through the manufacturer's website or with a phone call to their tech support help desk.

Back