Windows 7 Windows 7 blocking ftp access

bartek79

Hi,

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 is blocking access to FTP - firewall and anti-virus is off. I have tried to connect by Total Commander, Filezilla and Explorer. In Active and Passive mode I can access only first folders in ftp (I am unable open folders with lots files in it ). There is no problem with Windows XP on second computer ( I can access all files and folders from ftp). Please let me know what can blocking access. Thanks.

Regards

Solution
It seems like you are facing issues accessing FTP on a Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit system despite having the firewall and antivirus turned off. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can follow to resolve this issue:

Troubleshooting Steps:​

1. Windows Firewall: Although you mentioned that the firewall is off, it's worth checking the Windows Firewall settings to ensure that FTP is allowed through the firewall.
    • Go to Control Panel > System and Security > Windows Firewall.
    • Click on Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall.
    • Make sure that File Transfer Program (FTP) is allowed.
    []Passive FTP Mode: Try adjusting the Passive FTP settings:
    • In FileZilla, you can...
It seems like you are facing issues accessing FTP on a Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit system despite having the firewall and antivirus turned off. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can follow to resolve this issue:

Troubleshooting Steps:​

1. Windows Firewall: Although you mentioned that the firewall is off, it's worth checking the Windows Firewall settings to ensure that FTP is allowed through the firewall.
    • Go to Control Panel > System and Security > Windows Firewall.
    • Click on Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall.
    • Make sure that File Transfer Program (FTP) is allowed.
    []Passive FTP Mode: Try adjusting the Passive FTP settings:
    • In FileZilla, you can find this setting under Edit > Settings > Connection > FTP > Passive mode.
    • Switch between Active and Passive modes to see if one works better than the other.
    [
    ]Data Transfer Modes: Check the data transfer modes in your FTP client settings. Experiment with both Passive (PASV) and Active (PORT) modes to see if one works better. []Hosts File: Check the system's hosts file to ensure that there are no entries blocking the FTP server.
    • The hosts file is located in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc. Make sure there are no entries related to the FTP server IP address.
    [
    ]FTP Client Configuration: Verify if the FTP client settings are correct, including the port numbers, encryption settings, username, and password. []Network Configuration: Ensure there are no network issues causing the blockage, such as a misconfigured router or network settings on your Windows 7 system. Try connecting your Windows 7 system directly to the router via Ethernet to check for any network issues. []Passive FTP Filtering: Some routers or network devices may block Passive FTP connections. You can try temporarily bypassing the router by connecting your Windows 7 system directly to the modem to see if the issue persists. []Updates and Patches: Make sure that your Windows 7 system is up to date with the latest updates and patches. An outdated system may have compatibility issues with FTP servers. []Third-party Software: Check if there are any third-party software or security suites on your Windows 7 system that might be interfering with FTP connections. By going through these steps, you should be able to troubleshoot and resolve the FTP access issue on your Windows 7 Home Premium system. If the issue persists, feel free to provide more details for further assistance.

Solution
Back