Windows 7 Windows 7 Blue screen with ntoskrnl.exe

pmazoyer

Hello

I use Windows7 64bits. I have a blue screen since 2 days with the message below

On Sat 05/06/2010 11:21:40 your computer crashed
This was likely caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFFA980145D3EB, 0x0, 0xFFFFF80002C9D4FF, 0x5)
Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\060510-13962-01.dmp
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect, possibly the culprit is in another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.

It happens at any time, last time it was when I was surfing on the net. The PC starts ok and after a while.. boom.. blue screen..sometimes it's after 10minutes, sometimes after 1 hour work, sometimes more !

can you help please ?

Do I have to replace this file ntoskrnl.exe that might be corrupted ?

Where can I get on the net a safe new file ?

thanks
pascal

nobody had this one ?

I have noticed some people add it already at PC boot but not like in my case (normal PC work)

I did not get it for few hours now...

I hate PC's. I would prefer a complete crash so that you know how to solve it by reinstalling everything...

when the notskrnl is named this means the main NT kernel has crashed but if that file was at fault you would be having far more problems than a few bluescreens :(

please can you follow these instructions and upload your .dmp file here for further analysis ?

Hello

Here attached is a Zip file with my .DMP files

Hope you will be able to analyse them

FYI, the problem did not occur since my last message yesterday. I have downloaded REGISTERY BOOSTER and run it

It founds more than 500 items to clean... and I proceeded !

I have no clue if it works better because of this action.... I will let you know if the blue screen comes back again today

I cross my fingers...

Attachments

• 060510-12370-01.zip
    67 KB · Views: 1,619
thnx for the .dmp files although the clues are sparse debugger states the problems as PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50) 0x50 but it "Could not read faulting driver name" ?

In my experience if this is a hardware fault it's invariably memory ?

To test your memory I get consistent results by burning to CD (using an ISO burner) & running from boot memtest86+ for at least 5 passes and moving the sticks between slots running them together and singly to verify motherboard ram slots work as well as each ram stick.

let us know how that goes ?

also can you please tell us is this a new system, and was it bought or self-build ?

what is your basic system spec and what antivirus and or third party firewall are you using ?

This PC was bought 2 months ago to an assembly computer company in Toulouse (selexium).

Here is the configuration of the PC :

Processeur
1 x Processeur INTEL Core i7-920 2.66 Ghz Socket 1366 QPI 4.8GT/s 8 Mo 0.045µ

Carte mère
1 x Carte Mère ASUS P6T SE Intel X58 ATX Socket 1366

Boîtier
1 x Boitier Moyen Tour ATX ANTEC Performance One P183-EU Noir Sans Alim

Alimentation
1 x Alimentation FORTRON EVEREST 700W 80PLUS ATX

Ventilateur
2 x Ventilateur Noiseblocker L-X1R BlackSilentFan X1 8 cm

Disque dur
2 x Disque Dur 500 Go SEAGATE BARRACUDA 7200.12 T/M 16 Mo SATA 2 ST3500418AS

Carte vidéo
1 x Carte Vidéo CONNECT 3D ATI HD5850 1 Go DDR5 PCI-e /2 DVI - HDMI

Moniteur
1 x Moniteur LCD 24'' IIYAMA PLB2409HDS-B1 FULL HD Noir Multimedia 2 ms

Mémoire
2 x Mémoire CORSAIR XMS3 6 Go (3 x 2Go) DDR3 PC3-10600 1333 Mhz CL9

Lecteur/Graveur DVD
1 x Graveur DVD/CD & Lecteur DVD/CD NEC Noir AD-7241S-0B SATA

Système d'exploitation
1 x MICROSOFT Windows 7 HOME PREMIUM DVD 64 Bits OEM

I already tested the memory with memtest and nothing is wrong....now I have 12 Go memory... it could be that the system has some difficulties to manage it !

I use Avira AntiVir Control Center for the antivirus and Microsoft Windows 7 firewall.

Hope it helps...

Your Avira could definitely well be causing the 0x50 errors. I would uninstall that and then install MSE as a replacement.

Your Intel storage filter drivers are out of date and need updating. Please visit Intel's website and let it scan to find the latest drivers and install.

Code:
iaStorV  iaStorV.sys  Wed Apr 08 12:57:17 2009
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx?iid=gg_support-EN_01+home_downloadctr

These two things done should fix it for you. All your other drivers look well. If not, test memory as previously advised. Good luck.

This driver could be causing the crashes also:
Code:
GEARAspiWDM GEARAspiWDM.sys Mon May 18 08:17:04 2009

If you can't figure out the problem, then uninstall iTunes to test.

Last edited:
thanks

What is this driver ? GEARAspiWDM GEARAspiWDM.sysis it one of the out of date Intel driver ?

I went on the Intel download center but what should I type ?

I typed "Intel storage filter" in the search field but it proposes me things which have nothing to do with Windows 7 !

I have MSE on my PC but I have deactivated it because I use Avira. I never had any problem with Avira on my previous PC (Windows XP 32bits). Is there a problem because of Windows 7 64 bits ?

What is this driver ? GEARAspiWDM GEARAspiWDM.sysis it one of the out of date Intel driver ?

---It is a cd/dvd related one for iTunes. Uninstalling iTunes may help if other options are exhausted.

I went on the Intel download center but what should I type ?

---Simply click on the blue box to run "Intel Driver Update Utility".

I typed "Intel storage filter" in the search field but it proposes me things which have nothing to do with Windows 7 !

I have MSE on my PC but I have deactivated it because I use Avira. I never had any problem with Avira on my previous PC (Windows XP 32bits). Is there a problem because of Windows 7 64 bits ?

---History doesn't matter. You're getting memory corruption and the first thing to do to attempt to fix is to uninstall Avira. Especially because you have MSE installed, although deactivated, too. It's never a good idea to have 2 antivirus utilities installed at the same time. So uninstall Avira is your best move right now to test.

Here is the result after clicking on Intel blue box :

Graphics Driver

Product Detected ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series Current Driver Installed
This device is unknown or unsupported. Please contact the manufacturer for possible updates. More information>>

Audio Driver for Intel® Desktop Board

Product Detected
Current Driver Installed
This device is unknown or unsupported. Please contact the manufacturer for possible updates. More information>>

Wireless Networking

Product Detected Current Driver Installed This device is unknown or unsupported. Please contact the manufacturer for possible updates. More information>>

Wired Networking

Product Detected Link Removed due to 404 Error Current Driver Installed 7.18.322.2010 Your driver is current.

I retrieved this on the net :

"Yes, this is installed by iTunes in system\sysWow64\Drivers\GEARAspiWDM.sys . (Running Server 2003 x64 R2) This driver will cause errors due to its incompatibality with x64 architecture (e.g., XP x64 Edition, Server 2003 x64). Specifically, if you're running ATI Catalyst Control Center (cli.exe) it will cause the ATI program set to fail. Simply uninstalling iTunes is the only way to resolve the issue. After iTunes is removed, all problems will be solved. FYI, if you try to just remove gearaspiwdm.sys only, this will likely cause your CD/DVD drives to fail as the redbook driver will not work"

But does it mean that Itunes cannot work under Windows 7 64 bits ?

I have an Iphone I need to connect to the PC !!!

It means you must remove iTunes as I had figured. Ya, that driver crashes so you really should do as that quote you posted has said to fix your bsod problem. Or in an attempt to, along with other suggestions if it doesn't completely work out.

I am not very knowledgeable about Apple stuff or their DRM music files. I think you can still use your iPhone without issues if you uninstall iTunes. I think they are separate things.

ok thanks anyway. I'm running music with itunes and no crash so far. If it happens again.. I will remove it

Any comment about Intel result ?

It looks like I have nothing to download from their site...

Graphics Driver

Product Detected ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series Current Driver Installed

Audio Driver for Intel® Desktop Board

Product Detected
Current Driver Installed

Wireless Networking

Product Detected Current Driver Installed This device is unknown or unsupported. Please contact the manufacturer for possible updates. More information>>

Wired Networking

Product Detected Link Removed due to 404 Error Current Driver Installed 7.18.322.2010 Your driver is current.

It looks like that the use yesterday of REGISTERY BOOSTER has cleaned the bad files !

no crash since yesterday while it was happening several times a day before !!

I cross my fingers...

Last edited:
Well... it happened again ! grrrrrr....

2 times in 4 hours

I removed Itunes and all Apple softwares from the PC

we will see if it makes a difference

TorrentG

what do you suggest on the Intel output display (in my previous messages) ?

pascal

Two things to do for now.

1) Uninstall the Avast if haven't done so yet.

2) If still problems, enable Driver Verifier then post a crash dump with this going. Here's how:

Driver Verifier - Windows 7 & Vista - Tech Support Forum

About the Intel driver, visit your manufacturer's website of the laptop. Obtain and install the latest storage drivers from there for your specific model.

Anyhow,

GEARAspiWDM GEARAspiWDM.sys Mon May 18 08:17:04 2009

is still in the crash dump. Please manually delete it from C:\Windows\System32\drivers.

Last edited:
I have just got a new one ! after I have removed Itunes....

I'm going to remove manually the GEARAspiWDM GEARAspiWDM.sys

and also AVIRA

here is the lates .dmp file

hope it solves the pb

Attachments

• 060610-14554-01.zip
    21.7 KB · Views: 380
latest status :

Avira fully removed

MSE is operational to replace it

GEARAspiWDM GEARAspiWDM.sys is removed

I cross the fingers....