Windows Vista Windows 7 Build 7000 won't complete install

robyholmes

I have download and made a ISO image of Build 7000 and installed it on my spare marchine i use for testing.

P4 3.2Ghz
2 Gb 677Mhz
Geforce 8600 GT
80Gb PATA

But for some reason my installation gets to 'Completing installation' and the screen goes black with just the 'Windows 7, For testing...' bit in the bottom.

After a bit, the computer restarts, like its finished the install and reboots but once it has finished loading (Boot Screen) it returns to the black screen with only the 'Windows 7' text at the bottom. It then stays like that till now. I have tried reinstalling it 3 times now, with the same out come.

Can you help?

Thanks
Rob Holmes

When i installed it,it got stuck at "finishing installing 7",nothing happened..

At startup in dos i could do 3 things

1 Install 7

2 Rollback to vista

3 Completing install of vista

(Dont remember exactly the words)

I pressed 3 and windows 7 finished the install.. ;)

Maybe you have an ISO with currupt files.
There are a few out there.

Now don't say that. It took all a whole day and night to download that...

I havn't seen this 3 option list. I can't roll back cos its a fresh install. Do you think i should install vista then install windows 7?

No installing Vista first will just waste time.
I'm telling you, it's more than likely a bad ISO.
If you need a link to a fast download, I can hook you up.

No installing Vista first will just waste time.
I'm telling you, it's more than likely a bad ISO.
If you need a link to a fast download, I can hook you up.

Yer ok, downloading another ISO sounds fine. I got a few spare says, lol

Fast download, linky?

Thanks a lot

this is the one i am using on one of my computers currently and it works perfectly. Deposit Files

So that is the same ISO right

So what do you think i should try next. Should i install vista and update it to windows 7? Cos installing it from clean disk doesn't seem to work.

Thanks for your help.

So what do you think i should try next. Should i install vista and update it to windows 7? Cos installing it from clean disk doesn't seem to work.

Thanks for your help.
It sounds like the iso you downloaded the first time either was corrupt or became corrupt when you burned it to a disc. Try redownloading it again and make sure to burn it to a disc using imgburn which i know works.

It sounds like the iso you downloaded the first time either was corrupt or became corrupt when you burned it to a disc. Try redownloading it again and make sure to burn it to a disc using imgburn which i know works.

Ok, downloading the new ISO from depositfiles.

I am currently using deepburn to burn the disk, i had though the first disk i burnt was currupt, so i made another and it had the same problem.

I also couldn't install form inside windows on the first disk but the second did work till it said 'No space' so a swaped and new HDD in and it was back to this problem.

I will download and try imgburn for this ISO.

Thanks. The download will be done in 10hours at mo, but droping.

Same problem with the new ISO image, IMGburn software and new disk. The same black screen. If its a hardware error what could it be? I have no PCI cards.

The Specs:

P4 3.2Ghz 755
Gigibyte GA-8I945GZME-RH
Cosair 2Gb (2x1Gb) 677Mhz
XFX Geforce 8600GT
80Gb HDD (PATA)

Could there be anything there that might upset it?

Thanks for your help.
\

If you have a corrupt ISO then installing Vista first IS NOT going to make any difference... ;) You need to download a non corrupted ISO and then do your clean install, Installing Vista first is a waste of time..

\

If you have a corrupt ISO then installing Vista first IS NOT going to make any difference... ;) You need to download a non corrupted ISO and then do your clean install, Installing Vista first is a waste of time..

Umm, you checked page 2?

I have downloaded and new version, and img software. And same problem, i was asking what hardware it could be?

Same problem with the new ISO image, IMGburn software and new disk. The same black screen. If its a hardware error what could it be? I have no PCI cards.

The Specs:

P4 3.2Ghz 755
Gigibyte GA-8I945GZME-RH
Cosair 2Gb (2x1Gb) 677Mhz
XFX Geforce 8600GT
80Gb HDD (PATA)

Could there be anything there that might upset it?
Everything on your hardware list is compatible with Windows VISTA so it should be compatible with 7. If it wasnt compatible the installation will not even install as it checks the spec before continuing and gives an error message if not compatible. Maybe your boot sector got messed up or something. This is very weird indeed. I would if you get invited to the beta by microsoft make sure to mention it to them if it happens with the beta copy they provide.

How do you 'Get invited'. I never really tried vista, but i do tend to test ubuntu alpha and betas and software. I also test the SP betas. Do you have to sign up or anything.

Thanks for all your help. I will tell them this information.

One thing i do everytime, is delet the partions and make 1 new one (Which it then slipts in to 2), should i format the 2 that are there and continue. This could be upsetting it.

Worth a try.

did you get it working yet?

here's the md5 for the proper iso, see if yours matches
f9dce6ebd0a63930b44d8ae802b63825

did you get it working yet?

here's the md5 for the proper iso, see if yours matches
f9dce6ebd0a63930b44d8ae802b63825

I don't just know how you find that out. I did a little google and its the code of the ISO. But they were asking about iso.md5 file. I havn't seem this. Could you tell us how i find this out?

Thanks

EDIT: I havn't got it working yet. Going to try formatting the drive not new partition now.

EDIT: Same problem still, this time i just installed without formatting or new pattitions. Must be something wrong with the hardware or something. Odd

Last edited:
md5 isn't a file, it's a hex string that is generated mathematically based on several aspects of a file. you just need a tool that will calculate the md5 checksum of the iso you downloaded so you can see if it's valid.

there are lots of tools out there for this. go to portablefreeware.com and search md5, you'll get several small no-install apps to choose from that you can use to check your iso.

F9DCE6EBD0A63930B44D8AE802B63825

Same

O well, thats the end of that.

I will have to just wait and see what happens with future releases. Thanks for your help

Back
Top Bottom