Windows 7 Windows 7 can't upload +1MB files

yalcinaydin

First, I was using Linksys WAG160N and blamed it for the problem.

There are 3 notebooks at home
- Acer, Vista 32-bit
- Lenovo SL500, Win 7 64-bit
- MSI VR330, Win 7 32-bit

All notebooks connects via WiFi.
Acer with Vista has no problems with uploading. I can upload +1MB files to gmail, flickr, friendfeed.
The other two with Win 7 can't upload +1MB files to gmail (gets 'Attachement failed' msg), flickr (both web and flickr uploader app) and friendfeed.
All 3 has nod 32 installed.

Lenovo is my main computer. I disabled firewall, Nod32, modem's firewall but nothing changed! As Vista can upload there must be some compatibility issues! Using ethernet also doesn't help.
# turn-off the firewall and antivirus : "Lenovo is my main computer. I disabled firewall, Nod32, modem's firewall but nothing changed!"
# reset the browser: I have this problem for a month
# try using different browser: Firefox and Safari behaves the same, problem is still here
# update the driver's for the network adapter: As now I'm just using WiFi, I updated WiFi drivers of Intel 5100AGN, nothing changed
Then I bought another ADSL modem but problem was still there so it was not modem related.
I've bought TP-Link TD-W8901G and uploading problem continues so WAG160N is not the source.
I reinstalled the drivers nothing changed,
installed LenovoSystem update and let it install eveything that it wants but nothing changed.
Further searching yields lots of Win 7 connection problems.
I haven't seen any upload limited problems but it seems that Windows 7 is the main problem.
I will probally switch back to 64-bit Vista.
Any suggestions?

Additional info:
- Ethernet also has the same problem
- With ethernet I was using static IP
- With WiFi Static DNS has the same problem as the Automatic DNS
- I disabled the TCP/IPv6, nothing changed

Last edited:
The problem is in the browser.

Go to Internet Explorer and uncheck the "Offline mode". Alternatively, remove Google Toolbar as well.

root cause:
Google Toolbar uses Flash to talk to native Windows API when displaying the progress bar during attachment uploads. If you put your Internet Explorer to offline mode some parts of the Windows Explorer's API are unavailable. The progress bar can't be displayed and this will result in "Attachment failed" error message.

I know what you said about trying other browsers however this problem affects the API which all the browsers interface with. Try it.

Last edited:
haxcid, thanks for the response.

I'm a Firefox user and sometimes use Safari but not the IE.
Neither IE, nor others has google toolbar installed.
I checked the "Offline mode" but it is already unchecked. If I check it I can't even start the upload process.

Today I wanted to follow a different route and started to uninstall the suspicious softwares, one by one:
1) Unistall the IE8, nothing changed
2) Unisntall the flash plugin, nothing changed
3) Uninstall the Nod32, PROBLEM SOLVED!

So I learned that disabling a virus software doesn't mean shutting it down.
I'm glad that problem is related to a 3rd party software, not the hardware or the operating system.

Last edited:
3) Uninstall the Nod32, PROBLEM SOLVED!

Do you know if this was version 3 of NOD32? This is known to cause network connectivity issues in some scenarios, especially with torrents and file transfers. The newer versions do not appear to suffer from these problems.

Do you know if this was version 3 of NOD32? This is known to cause network connectivity issues in some scenarios, especially with torrents and file transfers. The newer versions do not appear to suffer from these problems.
it is 4.0.468.0

Back