Windows 7 Windows 7 Computer Can't See Rest of Network

Steve Gall

I have scoured the message forums, but haven't found any suggestions that will fix my problem with networking a Windows 7 computer. The problem: My Windows Vista computer can see the entire rest of the network: Tvs wired by LAN, as well as a wired printer and a wifi printer.

My Windows 7 computer can't see any of this. It can however, print to the wired Brother printer. It cannot find, nor print to the wireless Canon printer though. Neither computer can see the other computer.

I have tried Windows 7 with a homegroup, without a homegroup. In Home mode as well as Work mode, but nothing changes at all concerning what the computer can see.

Both Workgroups are called: WORKGROUP and the one login for each machine is exactly the same username.

I've tried it turning the firewall off on the Windows 7 machine, but it didn't make any difference.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• windowsvista.jpg
    windowsvista.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 482
  • windows7.png
    windows7.png
    605.2 KB · Views: 557
Last edited:
My suggestion: I would disable/remove any and all PC from your HOME GROUP and start from scratch. This time I would would use the windows 7 PC for setting up the homegroup, then add any PC's to the homegroup. Tip: I would changed the default name of "HOME GROUP" to something else...example...Home Network 1. As workgroup and homegroup can get confusing as hell sometimes.

Back